New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm by Itsme

» The TM/HM List
Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:09 pm by Itsme

Shopmotion

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

The Player's Character

Gelatino95
    Admin

The Player's Character

Post by Gelatino95 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 pm

I believe the first thing we should cover in the Characters section should be the player, the character that the player will be controlling.

I'll just keep this thread reserved until I can come up with some concept art, or maybe a sprite.

Gelatino95
    Admin

Re: The Player's Character

Post by Gelatino95 on Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm pretty bad at coming up with human designs, so if anyone has an idea for this, feel free to add.

AgentAG

Post by AgentAG on Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 am

Why not make so you can customize your own character? Or atleast choose from many different?

Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:49 pm

AgentAG wrote:Why not make so you can customize your own character? Or atleast choose from many different?
    I don't know if the game-making software would support that kind of customization. But in theory, that's a great idea. I never did really like any of the people that Game Freak made us use (except for the Hoenn guy) so being able to choose your guy would be nice.

oshawott

Post by oshawott on Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
    AgentAG wrote:Why not make so you can customize your own character? Or atleast choose from many different?
    I don't know if the game-making software would support that kind of customization. But in theory, that's a great idea. I never did really like any of the people that Game Freak made us use (except for the Hoenn guy) so being able to choose your guy would be nice.
    First of all, you said we are not actually making a game, so the soft ware wouldn't matter, second of all we don't need to edit the character to a pixil scale, just like choose what clothes he wears and stuff.

Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 pm

oshawott wrote:First of all, you said we are not actually making a game, so the soft ware wouldn't matter, second of all we don't need to edit the character to a pixil scale, just like choose what clothes he wears and stuff.
    Ferrety said he might have a program we can use to make the game.

Ferrety

Post by Ferrety on Tue May 03, 2011 2:32 am

Not quite. I have a way we could make the game if someone has RPG Maker XP. And I do not. So we could make it, but I don't know if anyone has the software.

(For anyone interested, the link is Here. It's the Starter Kits at the bottom of the first post, I believe.

AgentAG

Post by AgentAG on Tue May 03, 2011 9:29 am

We could do it in java because that allows pretty much everything and I HAPPEN TO BE LEARNING JAVA PROGRAMMING.

Ferrety

Post by Ferrety on Tue May 03, 2011 10:28 am

Pokemon is a surprisingly complex game, with EVs and IVs and such. If you were to program it in Java, I would assume you'd need quite a bit of experience. Failing that, we could simplify the mechanics...

Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 on Tue May 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Is RPG Maker XP something that can be downloaded from the internet? If so, it seems like it would be pretty easy to get a hold of.

EDIT: Further discussion on this topic will be done here:

http://newgenpokemon.forumotion.com/t19-software-discussion

King Dedede

Post by King Dedede on Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 pm

I know this sounds weird... but I'd like a male character with a bit longer hair, maybe not long, but longer than what they have it...

Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 on Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 pm

King Dedede wrote:I know this sounds weird... but I'd like a male character with a bit longer hair, maybe not long, but longer than what they have it...
    Long hair is cool. We can definitely do that. If you could come up with some concept art, then that would be super. I suck at human designs.

King Dedede

Post by King Dedede on Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

King Dedede wrote:I know this sounds weird... but I'd like a male character with a bit longer hair, maybe not long, but longer than what they have it...

I'll see if I can maybe make something in Spore.

Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Eww, no. Don't try to make humans in Spore. In case you haven't noticed, Pokemon art is made in an anime style, and Spore just doesn't support that kind of style. In Spore, you can make simplified 3D models of creatures from your imagination using pre-made parts. In pokemon, it's totally different. Concept art must be drawn.

Sorry to rant, but it's just that a Spore creation would not make good concept art. Pick up a pencil and try drawing.

King Dedede

Post by King Dedede on Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 pm

King Dedede wrote:

I'll see if I can maybe make something in Spore.

I don't have a good enough scanner to do that, sorry. No offense.

I'll try and make something in Gimp, expect graphics that Poke'mon Blue would scowl at. Wink

Current date/time is Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:19 pm