New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+4
MrLiLiBubba
Gelatino95
Itsme
treecko's awesomeness
8 posters

Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder.

treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 Empty Re: Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder.

Post by treecko's awesomeness Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:The leg is placed a bit awkwardly on the last one. The leg closer to the front should have a visible connection to the leg. And as for the design overall, if you ask me, they just look like regular badgers wearing clothes.
    Sorry, Gelo, but badgers aren't bipedal. And these aren't wearing clothes? Plus, you could say the same about Ursaring, Kekleon, Exadrill, and a ton of other well liked pokemon. I don't really see anything wrong with the leg either. Do you really not like these pokemon or something?
    Itsme
    Itsme

Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder. - Page 2 Empty Re: Badigg, Clawdger, and Badgelder.

Post by Itsme Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:45 am

DiZ those are very good plus they reflect the description pretty well making the second one with open eyes while the third one has it closed to reflect it's wisdom... Only two not so major complaints:
    1-The outline of the head of the trio needs to be more visible cz I barely didn't see the head at first sight.
    2-The thing on the shoulder and knees needs to be colored in a different manner than the body just to stand out from the rest of it.

An idea for TA, seeing the pose of the first one maybe you can make it a pure ground type sinse it's quadrupedal and can't use it's limbs to attack with them effeciently but that is just your call!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:34 am

I'm not trying to sound angry, I'm just telling you how to make it better. If I just praise you guys all the time and never give criticism, you won't get any better.

The reason I say it looks too much like a real badger is mostly because of the head. First of all, the heads on all the sprites are more or less exactly the same. They don't contain very many original design concepts. They just look like they've been taken from a Wikipedia picture and pasted onto the sprite. That's why it looks like it's wearing clothes: anyone who looks at the head would think that it just looks like a regular badger, and parts below the head are just covered up by clothing.

As for the leg issue, we've already discussed how sprites never face directly toward the front of the screen. They're always directed toward the other pokemon, to the left of the screen. The way the legs are placed on this pokemon should mean that a connection to the body should be visible on the right leg. If both legs connect behind the body, it looks like the sprite is facing forward.

Like I said, I'm not being angry. We'll never get better if we don't help each other improve.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your message. Since we're going to have to redo the sprites to get them to the right size, maybe we can make some changes then? We could put on the fur tufts like I had in the concept art if you all think that's a good idea? I see what you meant with the leg now. Sorry, I didn't quite get what you were saying.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:37 pm

When I first saw these, I had no idea what types they were. Maybe make it more obvious?
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Well. If no one likes them.... I tried. That's all. I simply tried and it didn't worked. So, I'm too lazy to try again. I'm going to give a try to backsprites.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I agree with Ferrety. Maybe Badigg could be wearing a White Belt, Clawdger could be wearing a Brown Belt and Badgelder could be wearing a black belt? You could also make them yellow and white to represent their Ground-typing better.

I agree with Gelo on the heads, maybe make Badigg head kind of like Teddyursa, make Clawdger's head like Cubchoo, and keep Badgelder's head as it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am