New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Lunarine(legendary) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Lunarine(legendary) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Lunarine(legendary) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Lunarine(legendary) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

3 posters

Lunarine(legendary)

King Dedede
    King Dedede

Lunarine(legendary) Empty Lunarine(legendary)

Post by King Dedede Fri May 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Name: Lunarine

[-no art... yet- Lunarine is a black, bipedial wolverine-like Poke'mon with ray like frills on it's arms, under it's eyes and on it's tail]
    [no sprites]
    Lunarine
    Dark/Fighting
    The Eclipse Poke'mon
    This Poke'mon is said to be trapped on the moon by [insert good legendary here], however when the Earth's shadow covers the moon, it allows Lunarine to escape (temporarily)

Moves when encountered: Moonlight(normal), Eclipse Claw(Dark, Signature Move), Night Slash (Dark), Shadow Claw (Ghost)
    HP: 70
    Attack: 150
    Def: 60
    Special Attack: 100
    Special Def: 80
    Speed: 120

Is only encountered during a Lunar Eclipse (in reality). He, in a way, is this region's equivalent of Darkrai, although he is more antagonistic than Darkrai.

Last edited by King Dedede on Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Lunarine(legendary) Empty Re: Lunarine(legendary)

Post by Gelatino95 Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Okay, first of all, if those are base stats, your speed is WAY too unrealistic. The fastest existing pokemon is Speed Forme Deoxys, at base 180. We're not trying to break any records here, just make cool pokemon to put into a fan game.

Otherwise, it would make a pretty solid legendary. And I like the concept. Probably wouldn't make it into the Uber tier, though, with a base attack of 120. Make it 140 or 150 and you can really destroy some stuff. But like the speed, just don't be unrealistic.

If you have some concept art, I'd love to see it.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Okay, first of all, if those are base stats, your speed is WAY too unrealistic. The fastest existing pokemon is Speed Forme Deoxys, at base 180. We're not trying to break any records here, just make cool pokemon to put into a fan game.

Otherwise, it would make a pretty solid legendary. And I like the concept. Probably wouldn't make it into the Uber tier, though, with a base attack of 120. Make it 140 or 150 and you can really destroy some stuff. But like the speed, just don't be unrealistic.

If you have some concept art, I'd love to see it.

Really? Hmm, I thought it went up to like 300, sorry. Anyway, I was basing it of Darkrai, but more normal attack and speed oriented instead of SpecialDef and SpecialAtk oriented. But, I'll change the atk. to around 150, and the speed around 120. Wink
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri May 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Now 120 speed is a bit awkward. That sets it above most of everything, but just below established speed demons like Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Swellow. But we're not aiming to make the best pokemon ever, so it works.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sat May 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Now 120 speed is a bit awkward. That sets it above most of everything, but just below established speed demons like Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Swellow. But we're not aiming to make the best pokemon ever, so it works.

I don't want it to be too powerful, but it's supposed to be fast enough to run over water (the Lunar Temple is on an island, and it has to cross water to wreck havoc on the mainland).

Also, Spore Creature:
    Lunarine(legendary) MGalleryItem

It looks better in the creator... and it isn't really that good of a creature at all. I think I made the haunches to small for a Wolverine...
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat May 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Try making a drawing. They're much easier to work off of than Spore creatures.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sat May 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Try making a drawing. They're much easier to work off of than Spore creatures.

I don't think my scanner would copy it correctly...
    oshawott
    oshawott

Post by oshawott Sat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm

So... Is it a werewolf or something?
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 pm

oshawott wrote:So... Is it a werewolf or something?

It's based off a Wolverine, a large member of the weasel family (or, as Ferrety would probably put it, the Ferret family). I know it looks horrible, I'm going to try it again today.

Wolverine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine

It is black because it is a Dark type, and a biped because it's a legendary.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun May 08, 2011 12:49 pm

I made some concept art for a quadrupedal version, I'll try to scan it whenever I can. Bipedal dogs are surprisingly hard to draw.

You might want to call it "Lunarene" or "Lunavene" Instead of Lunaros, to make it easier to tell that it's supposed to be a wolverine.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:I made some concept art for a quadrupedal version, I'll try to scan it whenever I can. Bipedal dogs are surprisingly hard to draw.

You might want to call it "Lunarene" or "Lunavene" Instead of Lunaros, to make it easier to tell that it's supposed to be a wolverine.

Great idea! I'll rename it Lunarine now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm