New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Shopmotion


Navigation

Affiliates

free forum


    Lunarine(legendary)

    Share
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Fri May 06, 2011 1:35 pm

    Name: Lunarine

    [-no art... yet- Lunarine is a black, bipedial wolverine-like Poke'mon with ray like frills on it's arms, under it's eyes and on it's tail]
    [no sprites]
    Lunarine
    Dark/Fighting
    The Eclipse Poke'mon
    This Poke'mon is said to be trapped on the moon by [insert good legendary here], however when the Earth's shadow covers the moon, it allows Lunarine to escape (temporarily)
    Location: Lunar Temple

    Moves when encountered: Moonlight(normal), Eclipse Claw(Dark, Signature Move), Night Slash (Dark), Shadow Claw (Ghost)
    HP: 70
    Attack: 150
    Def: 60
    Special Attack: 100
    Special Def: 80
    Speed: 120


    Is only encountered during a Lunar Eclipse (in reality). He, in a way, is this region's equivalent of Darkrai, although he is more antagonistic than Darkrai.


    Last edited by King Dedede on Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 pm

    Okay, first of all, if those are base stats, your speed is WAY too unrealistic. The fastest existing pokemon is Speed Forme Deoxys, at base 180. We're not trying to break any records here, just make cool pokemon to put into a fan game.

    Otherwise, it would make a pretty solid legendary. And I like the concept. Probably wouldn't make it into the Uber tier, though, with a base attack of 120. Make it 140 or 150 and you can really destroy some stuff. But like the speed, just don't be unrealistic.

    If you have some concept art, I'd love to see it.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Okay, first of all, if those are base stats, your speed is WAY too unrealistic. The fastest existing pokemon is Speed Forme Deoxys, at base 180. We're not trying to break any records here, just make cool pokemon to put into a fan game.

    Otherwise, it would make a pretty solid legendary. And I like the concept. Probably wouldn't make it into the Uber tier, though, with a base attack of 120. Make it 140 or 150 and you can really destroy some stuff. But like the speed, just don't be unrealistic.

    If you have some concept art, I'd love to see it.

    Really? Hmm, I thought it went up to like 300, sorry. Anyway, I was basing it of Darkrai, but more normal attack and speed oriented instead of SpecialDef and SpecialAtk oriented. But, I'll change the atk. to around 150, and the speed around 120. Wink
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Fri May 06, 2011 4:16 pm

    Now 120 speed is a bit awkward. That sets it above most of everything, but just below established speed demons like Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Swellow. But we're not aiming to make the best pokemon ever, so it works.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Sat May 07, 2011 4:38 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Now 120 speed is a bit awkward. That sets it above most of everything, but just below established speed demons like Aerodactyl, Crobat, and Swellow. But we're not aiming to make the best pokemon ever, so it works.

    I don't want it to be too powerful, but it's supposed to be fast enough to run over water (the Lunar Temple is on an island, and it has to cross water to wreck havoc on the mainland).


    Also, Spore Creature:


    It looks better in the creator... and it isn't really that good of a creature at all. I think I made the haunches to small for a Wolverine...
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Sat May 07, 2011 6:31 pm

    Try making a drawing. They're much easier to work off of than Spore creatures.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Sat May 07, 2011 7:09 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Try making a drawing. They're much easier to work off of than Spore creatures.

    I don't think my scanner would copy it correctly...
    avatar
    oshawott

    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2011-05-02
    Age : 19
    Location : giving a pig a pancake

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by oshawott on Sat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm

    So... Is it a werewolf or something?
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 pm

    oshawott wrote:So... Is it a werewolf or something?

    It's based off a Wolverine, a large member of the weasel family (or, as Ferrety would probably put it, the Ferret family). I know it looks horrible, I'm going to try it again today.


    Wolverine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine


    It is black because it is a Dark type, and a biped because it's a legendary.
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Sun May 08, 2011 12:49 pm

    I made some concept art for a quadrupedal version, I'll try to scan it whenever I can. Bipedal dogs are surprisingly hard to draw.

    You might want to call it "Lunarene" or "Lunavene" Instead of Lunaros, to make it easier to tell that it's supposed to be a wolverine.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:I made some concept art for a quadrupedal version, I'll try to scan it whenever I can. Bipedal dogs are surprisingly hard to draw.

    You might want to call it "Lunarene" or "Lunavene" Instead of Lunaros, to make it easier to tell that it's supposed to be a wolverine.

    Great idea! I'll rename it Lunarine now...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lunarine(legendary)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 pm