New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

5 posters

Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo.

Itsme
    Itsme

Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. Empty Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo.

Post by Itsme Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Felion
    Definition: Feline and Lion
    Species: Cub pokemon
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Cute charm/ Rivalry
    Height: 0.4m
    Weight: 17kg
    Stats: HP 31/ ATT 55/ DEF 41/ Sp ATT 35/ Sp DEF 41/ SPD 25/ Total 228.
    Pokedex: Despite their cute appearance, these pokemon can viciously attack when they feel danger.
    Gender 50/50

Level up moves:
    1-Growl
    1-Howl
    1-Leer
    1-Rage
    1-Scratch
    5-False swipe
    7-Bite
    9-Tail whip
    11-Curse
    13-Faint attack
    15-Copycat
    18-Shadow sneak
    22-Fury swipes
    25-Metal claw
    27-Tail slap
    30-Crunch
    35-Agility

TM/HM:
    U-turn, Hone claws, Taunt, Thunder wave, Bulk up, Sunny day, Aerial ace, Shadow claw, Ice beam, Attract, Captivate, Charm, Cut, Double team, Facade, Frustration, Hidden power, Protect, Return, Substitute, Toxic, Rest, Rain dance.

Egg moves:
    Fake tears, Pursuit, Superpower, Sand attack, Crush claw, Glare, Headbutt, Helping hand, Mean look, Iron tail, Aqua tail, Thrash.

Evolves at level 36 from a male Felion to:

Lionoar
    Definition: Lion and roar
    Species: Mane pokemon
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Truant
    Height: 1.6m
    Weight: 105.5kg
    Stats: HP 101/ ATT 145/ DEF 91/ Sp ATT 85/ Sp DEF 91/ SPD 75/ Total 588.
    Pokedex: This pokemon was once feared as the most powerfull hunter among all pokemon. It turned out however to be a lazy pokemon that loves to be served around.

Level up moves:
    1-Growl
    1-Howl
    1-Thunder fang
    1-Fire fang
    1-Ice fang
    5-False swipe
    8-Bite
    11-Tail whip
    13-Curse
    17-Slash
    20-Copycat
    23-Shadow sneak
    29-Fury swipes
    35-Metal claw
    40-Tail slap
    45-Crunch
    50-Agility
    56-Slack off

TM/HM:
    U-turn, Hone claws, Taunt, Thunder wave, Bulk up, Sunny day, Aerial ace, Shadow claw, Ice beam, Attract, Captivate, Charm, Cut, Double team, Facade, Frustration, Hidden power, Protect, Return, Substitute, Toxic, Rest, Rain dance, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Wild charge, Focus blast, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Blizzard, Giga impact, Hyper beam, Roar, Stone edge.

Pre-evo only moves:
    Leer, Rage, Scratch, Faint attack.

Egg moves:
    Fake tears, Pursuit, Superpower, Sand attack, Crush claw, Glare, Headbutt, Helping hand, Mean look, Iron tail, Aqua tail, thrash.

A female Felion will evolve at level 36 to
    Lurkeo
    Definition: Lion (leo) and Lurk
    Species: Caring pokemon
    Type Normal
    Ability: Early bird/Limber
    Height: 1.3m
    Weight: 79kg
    Stats: HP 71/ ATT 95/ DEF 81/ Sp ATT 45/ Sp DEF 81/ SPD 105/ Total 478.
    Pokedex: This pokemon is the key individual in Lionoar's pride. It's skilled at hunting in packs as well as raising offsprings and training them.

Level up moves:
    1-Growl
    1-Howl
    1-Thunder fang
    1-Fire fang
    1-Ice fang
    5-False swipe
    8-Bite
    11-Tail whip
    13-Curse
    17-Slash
    20-Copycat
    23-Shadow sneak
    26-Zen headbutt
    29-Fury swipes
    35-Metal claw
    40-Tail slap
    45-Crunch
    50-Agility
    56-Double edge

TM/HM:
    U-turn, Hone claws, Taunt, Thunder wave, Bulk up, Sunny day, Aerial ace, Shadow claw, Ice beam, Attract, Captivate, Charm, Cut, Double team, Facade, Frustration, Hidden power, Protect, Return, Substitute, Toxic, Rest, Rain dance, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Wild charge, Focus blast, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Blizzard, Giga impact, Hyper beam, Roar, Stone edge.

Pre-evo only moves:
    Leer, Rage, Scratch, Faint attack.

Egg moves:
    Fake tears, Pursuit, Superpower, Sand attack, Crush claw, Glare, Headbutt, Helping hand, Mean look, Iron tail, Aqua tail, Thrash.

Last edited by Itsme on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo. Empty Re: Felion, Lionoar, Lurkeo.

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Please make the thread title include the name of the pokemon. It makes it much easier to navigate the forum.

Also, a few questions:

1. Don't we already have a lion family in Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray?
    2. Why do they have to evolve at different levels if they're parallel?
    3. What type do you plan to make these?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 pm

i was just trying to think or the possible early game normal type that we dont have yet, and i think this would be perfect! make it a normal type that evolves into normal/dark if male and normal/psychic if female. also just some suggestions:
    1. i think they should evolve at the same lvl and the evos should have equal stats
    2. if lionoar is lazy, i think it should have lower attack and special attack and higher defenses
    3. likewise, i think lurkeo should have the stats of a good physical sweeper (also i would rename this since it looks a LOT like luxio, maybe something like 'felioness' or something)
    keep in mind these are just suggestions honestly i REALLY like the idea Very Happy
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:18 am

Ok Gelo I will change the threads title. All of them!

As for why they evolve at different levels is that Lionoar is supperior to Lurkeo stat wise and cz he is like the king of the pride. But since it's lazy I gave it Truant for ability. I was thinking about the real lion's pride in hte wild, how it's the boss and all the other lions serve it and take care of the babies.

Of course shinx, Luxio and luxray already are lion based pokemon and I love them but this is different in their way to evolve and shows the difference between the male and female difference like in the real world! As I said I tried to make them more like the real lion pride in the real world.

For the typing they are all pure normal type!

The idea was that lionoar's stats are very high since it's the ruler of the pride but it doesn't use them very much cz it relies on Lurkeo to defend it and search for preys. Think of a real lion's pride and you'll get what I'm saying.

The names are surely up for changes...
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:27 am

i understand the pride thing, but why have stats that you can't use? i think it would kind of confuse people who are playing through the game if they see that high attack stat, but cant do anything with it
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 pm

j Woo wrote:i understand the pride thing, but why have stats that you can't use? i think it would kind of confuse people who are playing through the game if they see that high attack stat, but cant do anything with it
    Slaking says hi.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Exactly and slaking have stats equal to kyogre and groudon!

Anyway I would apreciate you sharing your thoughts on them Gelo and if you don't like them I can remove them... Really no problem! But only the way they are. Do you really have a problem for them to evolve at different levels or Lionoar's ability being truant or any other comment? This also include everyone else.

I thought of calling lurkeo at first Lighness as for lioness and highness but I thought that it is not exactly royalty but rather a King's servent to say it properly!
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:32 pm

no offense but that sounds a bit sexist...
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:39 pm

It would make more sense if they evolved at the same level. Despite the massive sexual dimorphism, being part of the same species, they should mature at approximately the same rate.

In addition, it's probably best if we keep the evolving level high at 36, to make it a challenge to raise Felion into one of two very powerful pokemon.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 pm

I think it's fine if Lionoar has stronger base stats. He has traunt, which is horribly detrimental.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 pm

j Woo wrote:no offense but that sounds a bit sexist...

Oh! Come on! it's not sexist it's just the truth... I'm not making that up you know. It's real! The lioness care for the babies, hunt down preys and protect the pride while the actual lion sits down and sleep. It doesn't do anything and in lurkeo pokedex entry I say that it's the key individual in the pride!

And all in all Lurkeo is a better pokemon than Lionoar cz Truant is a very bad ability that it even cripples Slaking. And by better I mean competitively of course.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Itsme wrote:
    j Woo wrote:no offense but that sounds a bit sexist...

Oh! Come on! it's not sexist it's just the truth... I'm not making that up you know. It's real! The lioness care for the babies, hunt down preys and protect the pride while the actual lion sits down and sleep. It doesn't do anything and in lurkeo pokedex entry I say that it's the key individual in the pride!

First of all, Itsme, there's no need to snap in disagreement. If j Woo is wrong, then respectfully tell him why and don't act all offended.

Now let me divulge some of the research I've done on the subject:

It's very true that in nature, the male lions don't do a lot of hunting. The females are generally the ones which take care of cubs and hunt for food. That's common knowledge. But this behavioral dimorphism isn't based on the psychological nature of the species. Male lions, as we all know, have a mane. This mane is helpful in intimidating competing predators or other lions, since it makes them appear larger. However, there are numerous drawbacks to the mane. One drawback is that the mane is heavy and cumbersome, making it harder for the male lions to run efficiently than the females. In addition, the mane can cause overheating in chases and doesn't camouflage well. So, the reason the male lions are seen as "lazy" is simply because they don't have the physical capacity to perform as well as females. One can easily see that the female lions appear similar to other big cat species, like panthers, jaguars, tigers, cheetahs, and ocelots. This is likely because that body design is more efficient, so other species have evolved to adopt it. Chances are the males of the lion species gained the mane through a freak genetic mutation of the y-chromosome, but they managed to live with it and the rest of the lion species grew to cover much of Africa. You may ask, "If the mane is so detrimental to the performance of the male lion, then why have lions lived for this long and survived so well?" Well, there are two answers to that question: The first answer is that pretty much everything that happens in nature, especially with evolution, is based on pure luck. Even natural selection, the mechanism for evolution, is mostly driven by genetic mutations. The lion species likely lived on due to good luck for it or the lions were already effective enough hunters as the were. This brings us to the second answer: lions already function effectively as a whole, with the females doing most of the work.

By this logic, should we really consider Lionoar stronger than Lurkeo since real-life male lions aren't as physically capable as females? I personally think it's fine as it is and showcases the "lazy" stereotype well, even though that may not be a good thing.

Actually, now that I look back, your comment actually is a bit sexist:
    Itsme wrote:The lioness care for the babies, hunt down preys and protect the pride while the actual lion sits down and sleep.
    So the lioness isn't "actually" considered a lion? If this was just an accidental word misplacement on your part, then I apologize for pointing it out.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Ok! First I wasn't really offended by j woo's comment... I was laughing my heart out! And even what you pointed Gelo might be considered sexist that was not what I meant at all. But again, if my comment ever offended someone, I apologize for you and J woo... I was only trying to be clear.

Second, seriously Gelo thanks for the lesson on lions that was really helpful... But I need to clarify something, When I said that lions are lazy I was just simplifying stuff... I knew that It was really strong and has a big role in the pride and I knew that it uses it's mane for intimidating but I did'nt know all the other stuff!

Sorry again for any inconvenience but I assure you that I don't get angry easily, in fact I'm one of the most calm people in the world. Ask anyone I know Wink
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Actually, Gelo, Male lions are far larger and stronger than females. However, as you said, their mane and size makes them poor runners, so while the lionesses hunt, the Male Lions protect the pride's territory from other lions.

I'm not saying your wrong or anything... just that you left that out. Wink

EDIT: since you mentioned them, it got me thinking, I don't think there are any Jaguar Poke'mon.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 am

I added the possible movepool for the trio... Hope to hear any comment!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm