New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Shopmotion


Navigation

Affiliates

free forum


    Dromie (and evo)

    Share

    Poll

    Do you like this Poke'mon idea?

    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 2
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm

    Well, I am really big on prehistoric creatures. And Dromaeosaurs (Raptors) have been really popular since the release of JP. So, I thought there should be some raptor Poke'mon:

    [N/A]
    [N/A]
    Dromie
    Rock/Dark
    The Pack Hunter Poke'mon
    These Poke'mon lived in harsh desert biomes. Despite living in closely knit groups, they were quite competitive.
    Revive from Coal
    Sand Veil or Pressure
    Moves
    [coming soon]
    HP 55/ ATT 75/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 45/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 65/ Total 340

    It closely resembles the JP Raptor, however it is cuter and more baby-like. They are completely black (as they are made completely out of coal). Their irises are red.

    [N/A]
    [N/A]
    Mineraptor
    Rock/Dark
    The Pack Hunter Poke'mon
    These Poke'mon led packs of Dromies on hunting missions. They created camps in desert oasises.
    Evolves from Dromie at level 35
    Sand Veil or Pressure
    Moves
    [Coming soon]
    HP 70/ ATT 120/ DEF 70/ Sp ATT 80/ Sp DEF 55/ SPD 100/ Total 495

    It basically is a feathered raptor covered with mineral formations.


    Last edited by King Dedede on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 12 times in total
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

    Are you quite familiar with how Base Stats work? Some of them are a bit unrealistic... 167 attack is pretty crazy. 140 is already crazy high. 147 is Haxorus, and Rampardos has 165, but it has bad typing, defenses, and speed that severely hinder its usability. See, if you're going to use a pokemon with base stats that high, it has to have a catch, such as Slaking's Truant ability. Otherwise, I'd suggest lowering its attack to 130 or maybe 140.

    Also, base 40 HP makes paper-thin defenses. I mean, it's okay for a pre-evolution, but for a fully evolved pokemon, it will be 2HKO'd by a resisted move. Raise it to something more realistic.

    Oh, and level 70 is way too high a level to evolve. Game Freak was pushing it really hard with level 64. We'll probably stick with level 40, which is when most fossil pokemon evolve.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Are you quite familiar with how Base Stats work? Some of them are a bit unrealistic... 167 attack is pretty crazy. 140 is already crazy high. 147 is Haxorus, and Rampardos has 165, but it has bad typing, defenses, and speed that severely hinder its usability. See, if you're going to use a pokemon with base stats that high, it has to have a catch, such as Slaking's Truant ability. Otherwise, I'd suggest lowering its attack to 130 or maybe 140.

    Also, base 40 HP makes paper-thin defenses. I mean, it's okay for a pre-evolution, but for a fully evolved pokemon, it will be 2HKO'd by a resisted move. Raise it to something more realistic.

    Oh, and level 70 is way too high a level to evolve. Game Freak was pushing it really hard with level 64. We'll probably stick with level 40, which is when most fossil pokemon evolve.

    I was actualyl just about to lower the attack when you posted. :p

    It's somewhat overpowered because I'm bored right now. :/
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:35 pm

    I'd also like to add that he learns moves at very high levels. Usually only legendaries learn moves that high.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 15, 2011 9:42 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:I'd also like to add that he learns moves at very high levels. Usually only legendaries learn moves that high.

    What? At first you say at really high levels, then you say lower them because only legendaries go that high.


    Also, are stats better? Sorry, it's just that I don't actually go by how it works in competitive battling. I was also somewhat basing it's attack off Rampardos.
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm

    I was trying to say that you should lower the levels that he learns moves.

    As for the base stats, most of them are good, except the speed is still crazy fast. 150 outspeeds every non-legendary besides Ninjask. Try 130, if you really want to go that fast.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm

    Here. That better?

    EDIT: from now on I'm not even going to post base stats in my new ideas.
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

    It's okay, base stats can be pretty hard to figure out at first. They're basically a way to be able to compare the stats of pokemon to each other. It's easier to determine realistic base stats for pokemon once you've seen them a lot.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:It's okay, base stats can be pretty hard to figure out at first. They're basically a way to be able to compare the stats of pokemon to each other. It's easier to determine realistic base stats for pokemon once you've seen them a lot.

    I hope your right, I'm pretty bad.


    Anyway, the type isn't effective? I can't take out Rock, because it's a Prehistoric Poke'mon, so do you have any idea what should replace Ground? I guess Mineraptor could be Rock/Ice...
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

    Rock-ground is a pretty bad combination. 4x weak to grass and water, both very common attacking types. But not all pokemon are designed to do well competitively, some of them are just included as filler to be used in the game. You see, pokemon games are designed so you can beat the game with any pokemon you like. So you can basically make your pokemon however you want.

    Back on topic, Rock/Ice is probably not a good type for this guy. If you're making an ice-type fossil pokemon, you'll want to model it after an ice-age creature like a wooly mammoth or sabertooth tiger. Maybe a giant ground sloth? I always liked those guys.
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Maybe a giant ground sloth? I always liked those guys.

    A Ground Sloth sounds nice. Although, since it's your idea you should make the topic.



    Plus, I don't really care about the type. I'll just blast those electric types with my Hydro Canon (in Pearl).
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

    Yeah, I'm definitely making a giant ground sloth. A Megatherium, to be exact.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatherium
    avatar
    Dimafo140

    Posts : 289
    Join date : 2011-05-02
    Location : Catalonia

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Dimafo140 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

    Hey gelatino, you forgot about your megatherium project, and it could be a normal type one Exclamation
    Far from this, i made a drawing of Dromie too, i made it similar to a velociraptor but with a baby appearence.


    [img][/img]
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm

    Dimafo140 wrote:Hey gelatino, you forgot about your megatherium project, and it could be a normal type one Exclamation
    I tried making some art for that, but it just ended up looking like Emboar.


    _________________

    ^ Click to read the world's best pokemon fic ^
    avatar
    Itsme

    Posts : 614
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Itsme on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 pm

    I like them... but since it's a fossil base stats should be 495 like all fossils except aerodactyl and archeops wich has defeatist!

    The type is ok even with the 4x weaknesses if it has flying type attacks it can counter grass and if it has electric or grass it can counter water.

    Stats: (my idea)
    Dromie: HP 50/ ATT 95/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 15/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 80/ Total 340
    Mineraptor: HP 90/ ATT 125/ DEF 95/ Sp ATT 20/ Sp DEF 65/ SPD 100/ Total 495

    And why wite smoke...? Clear body is more logical and same effect.
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

    Why such a low special attack? If he ever learns Bite, then it'll do pitifully low damage (assuming third gen mechanics), which wouldn't really make sense. Also, why keep it from successfully using any special moves? Plenty of inexperienced pokemon players may run special attacks just because they don't know the difference. And on top of that, fossil pokemon should be very rewarding to use because they generally have an awfully low experience gain and therefore are very hard to train.


    _________________

    ^ Click to read the world's best pokemon fic ^
    avatar
    Itsme

    Posts : 614
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Itsme on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

    Gelatino95 wrote:Why such a low special attack? If he ever learns Bite, then it'll do pitifully low damage (assuming third gen mechanics), which wouldn't really make sense. Also, why keep it from successfully using any special moves? Plenty of inexperienced pokemon players may run special attacks just because they don't know the difference. And on top of that, fossil pokemon should be very rewarding to use because they generally have an awfully low experience gain and therefore are very hard to train.

    I saw king wanted a low Sp ATT pokemon that's why... he gave it 17 besides a velociraptor is a fast physical sweeper that's its design that I find pretty rewarding with nice defences! It's problem is that it can be countered by physical walls... Every pokemon has counters or it will be very powerful (Uber).
    avatar
    Dimafo140

    Posts : 289
    Join date : 2011-05-02
    Location : Catalonia

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Dimafo140 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:20 pm

    Any opinion about my design Question
    avatar
    Itsme

    Posts : 614
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Itsme on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

    Design is like I said very good but I think that it looks so much like a velociraptor... I think this design is for minoraptor better than dromie...
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

    I didn't know too much about stats at the time, I agree, it should have higher Sp. Atk. Especially since I'm thinking of changing it to Rock/Dark (Dark is Special in this Gen).
    avatar
    Itsme

    Posts : 614
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Itsme on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm

    ok i'll push the special ATT up a little more:

    Dromie: HP 55/ ATT 75/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 45/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 65/ Total 340
    Mineraptor: HP 70/ ATT 120/ DEF 70/ Sp ATT 80/ Sp DEF 55/ SPD 100/ Total 495

    Is it good now or want it to be more like a special attacker than a physical?


    Last edited by Itsme on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : stat changing)
    avatar
    treecko's awesomeness

    Posts : 148
    Join date : 2011-09-03
    Age : 20
    Location : Unova, at least until I get back to Hoenn.

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by treecko's awesomeness on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 pm

    The stats look good, and I like the design. A velociraptor pokemon would be perfect!
    avatar
    Gelatino95
    Admin

    Posts : 995
    Join date : 2011-04-27
    Age : 21
    Location : Dinosaur Planet

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Gelatino95 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

    You can still stand to raise the attack a little bit more. There's no need for it to have so much defense. When I think of a velociraptor, I don't imagine it being especially sturdy or defensively-inclined.


    _________________

    ^ Click to read the world's best pokemon fic ^
    avatar
    Itsme

    Posts : 614
    Join date : 2011-07-31
    Location : Everywhere

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Itsme on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

    You are right... But since velociraptors are fast maybe I'll give it a boost in that domain! Check the previous comment... I'll edit it cz I'm too lazy to do it again!
    avatar
    King Dedede

    Posts : 463
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Location : SPACE

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by King Dedede on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 pm

    I really like the design, Diamfo, at least for Dromie. I would like Mineraptor to have feathers, however.


    Also, you could boost Spd. a bit, but I think of it being more Atk. oriented.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dromie (and evo)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 am