New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

4 posters

Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon.

Ferrety
    Ferrety

Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. Empty Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon.

Post by Ferrety Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Decide the typing first and then fit the design to it. Don't make a design then try to decide a type for it. That will be all.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. Empty Re: Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon.

Post by King Dedede Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 pm

I actually disagree. I think it's more effective to make the creature then decide it's typing.

But then again, that's just what works for me.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon. Empty Re: Quick advice for those creating a Pokemon.

Post by Ferrety Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:17 pm

I prefer Typing first. It gives the Pokemon a direction to go in, rather than being just a random mesh of ideas. It also usually makes it easier to know what it's typing is just by looking at it.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

That's very true. I've never really thought about that, actually. Sometimes, I just have random inspirations for pokemon and I come up with a type for it based on design.

Like, this one time, I had a dream about a branched evolution of Tentacool, that's like a fish thing that's attached to a metal ring. I decided it was water/steel due to its metal ring.

And this one other time, I wanted to make an icy robot that was steel/ice type (a really bad combo, I know) and I drew a design based on that.

So, in my opinion, it's actually better to come up with a design first, and then fit the type in. Because we're not thinking about the pokemon's competitive value, so type doesn't really matter. But if you notice that a certain type is severely lacking from the pokedex, then you need to create a new one of that type. It sort of works both ways.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I think everyone has their own creative process ... however you come up with your pokemon is probably best for you ...

inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I find an animal I like (and hasn't been taken), then I experiment with pictures and moves. That's just my way, though. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm