New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+10
Just_Testing
ebilly99
MrLiLiBubba
Shardna
Steel
inactive_account
Dimafo140
King Dedede
Gelatino95
Ferrety
14 posters

Specific Location Suggestions.

MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by MrLiLiBubba Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm

is that grey area in the northeast mountains? if so i was thinking that could be a city so high up that the clouds are level with you and around that area you run into tons of flying types
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 pm

sorry to double post but here is a region map updated with cities and a keySpecific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Map_bm10
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:07 am

I've been making up some names for this region for use in my fic. Maybe we can use some of these names. However, some of them are really bad and we should just make up better ones. Here's the list:

- First town all the way at the south-west corner: Pikes Town (not very creative, but I was trying to keep my creative momentum going and I didn't want to stop to think about it)

- Second town, up the path to the north-east: Goldport city (I included some gold-painted buildings in the town to explain the name. Location of the rock gym and water gym, much later in the game)

- Mountain inside the big circle: Moon Mountain (the name is too similar to Mt. Moon in Kanto. It's the spot where some sort of space rock crashed into the earth millions of years ago, leaving a giant barren rock mountain. Moon stones can be found there)

- Small town to the north: Poisonwood town (I was inspired when I read the Poisonwood Bible. Location of the poison gym)

- Blue area to the north: Poisonwood Swamp (where poison-types can be found. Perhaps there will be a tomb somewhere inside where ghost-types can be found.)

- Over the river: Cycling Road (long, straight concrete bridge riddled with hooligans. Tons of bikers are there to battle you.)

- Small town on the south side of the path: Hunter's Valley (really boring despite the cool name. It is the location of the day care, however)

- To the north of there: Sandstone Outpost (I used the name "Sandstone" in my fic, but we can use Medina. In the fic, the desert stretches down to that town, which is sort of like the suburb of Sandstone City.)

- Up north some more: Sandstone City (a bustling, middle-eastern style city. Probably lots of stuff will be sold there. Location of the ground gym)

- Somewhere close to there: Sandstone Ruins (not marked on the map. I thought it would be cool to have a giant pyramid with ruins inside, where you can find desert pokemon like Baltoy and such)

- Back down to the main path, straight to the east where the giant city is: Monopolis city (combination of monopoly and metropolis. The biggest city in the region, home to tons of skyscrapers that house important companies. Location of the steel gym)

- To the east, in the middle of the ocean: Coraline town (a town on a tiny island. Not very many buildings there, but it is home to the ice gym)

That's as far as I've gotten in the fic, but here are my ideas for the rest of the region (may contain spoilers for future chapters!!!)

- To the north of Monopolis on the way to the mountain: Silver Spring (the name is supposed to parallel Goldport. Filled with hot springs of all sorts due to being adjacent to a volcano. Location of the fire gym, led by a crazed pyrotechnic gym leader related to Flint)

- To the north: Sun Mountain (meant to parallel Moon Mountain. It's an active volcano riddled with pools of lava and such. Probably home to some fire-types. The game mascot resides inside, and the evil team is trying to use its gaseous emissions for evil purposes)

- To the south of Monopolis: No name (I haven't come up with a name for this town, but it's the closest one to the Pokemon League. It houses the Dragon gym, led by Drake, former Hoenn elite four member)

- Cave to the south: Victory Road (same old victory road, needs no explanation)

- Blue area outside: Pokemon League (where the elite four and champion are. Same old stuff.)

- Town around the pokemon league: Battle Frontier (conveniently placed right next to the pokemon league in this game. Similar to the one in Emerald, there will be many different battle events to take part in)

- Island in the bay: Mt. Lachrymos (comes from the word "lachrymose". A mountain on an island where water and ice types can be found, much like Shoal Cave. I actually had this idea for a long time, and even drew a pretty picture of it)

I think that about covers it. Like I said, most of this is just in my fic and doesn't need to stay like that for the game. (Except the crazed pyrotechnic fire gym leader related to Flint. He needs to stay.)
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 am

alright i will get to work adding these and possibly coming up with new names.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 am

I am a pyromaniac. Sorry, I had to say that. And the region is named Sacapuntas. I have an 'photo' of what Silver Springs could be. And he could be Flint's cousin. And, that town could be named Twilight Town. Or Twilight City.

I'm going to fix da map. Wait until tomorrow.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:47 am

(Sacapuntas is just an idea, not official, DiZ, although it IS awesome)

I'd kind of like the be the Gym Leader of Poisonwood Town, if it'a not too much to ask.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:49 am

can we change the name of poisonwood to buckweed? it just seems smoother and still sinister
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:28 am

Did you just come up with Buckweed yourself?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:30 am

if you mean made up the name no its an actual plant but i didnt steal or anything
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:48 am

Is it a kind of plant that lives in a swamp? I think that would be appropriate since the town is adjacent to the swamp.

Also, you can be the poison gym leader, DDD. I neglected to give him an Ariados in the fic, unfortunately. Here's the team I used:

- Swalot
    - Golbat
    - Gastly
    - Ivysaur
    - Foongus
    - Arbok (signature pokemon)

In the fic, Venerol appears as an old man who is skilled at teaching the ways of the ninja. He looks a lot like Palace Maven Spenser:

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 185px-Emerald_Palace_Maven_Spenser

...Except he wears purple robes and has a long mustache in addition to his beard.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 am

maybe DDD you would be nice enough to use my pathetic-stat yet epic grape pokemon xD
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Yaay, I get to be an old man! Very Happy

Seriously though, that doesn't really bother me as much is most people.

As for the team, I like that team, but don't you think we should use Poke'mon that we made (such as Grapop, Lizardous, ect.)?
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah. I would use in my team Krolectron, Cumulo, Triinshock, etc.

P.S: Everyone. Chatbox. NOW!
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm incredibly reluctant to make all the details of the region exactly like your fanfic, Gelo. Some names, fine, but dictating what Gym Leaders there are and their appearances when they're avatars of people in the community? That's a bit far don't you think?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:13 pm

i do agree that the sprites should be up to the gym leader. i am putting in new names on the map as we speak tho and some get to pick our types
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I agree with Ferrety, Gelo. This isn't your game, it's all of ours. You may be in charge but you can't just choose every detail like that.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Map_bm11

crudely edited map. go ahead take you shots at it lol
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Why you don't use the text tool on paint?
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Try this map:

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Newregionmap3-2
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:56 pm

LOL. I was trying to make one like that.
    It is great!
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 3 Map210

It is pretty much the same, but I've added the Water Resort. There's the Battle Frontier.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Very nice. Except a few pixels are blue there instead of grey.

(That is the map I made, BTW, if you didn't know.)
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm

What's the water resort? I've never heard of that.

And the ideas in my fic are just there in case we decide to use them. We don't have to use any of them if we don't have to (except the crazed pyrotechnic fire gym leader who's related to Flint. He must stay)
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:37 pm

i made Sacapuntas an island instead of a beach. also this should probably go under plot but i made the first city bigger cuz i was hoping the character could start off in a big city and have his first battles in the slums and stuff
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 am

I know that is the one you made. Is only that I've added the Water Resort.

The Water Resort is an area only accesible after beating the Pokémon League. There are some Pokémon of other Gens, the Battle Frontier, etc. And in the lowest part are the Tri Ruins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm