New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Dromie (and evo) EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Dromie (and evo) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Dromie (and evo) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Dromie (and evo) EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Dromie (and evo) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Dromie (and evo) EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Dromie (and evo) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Dromie (and evo) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Dromie (and evo) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+2
Gelatino95
King Dedede
6 posters

Dromie (and evo)

Poll

Do you like this Poke'mon idea?

[ 1 ]
    Dromie (and evo) Bar_left50%Dromie (and evo) Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dromie (and evo) Bar_left50%Dromie (and evo) Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Dromie (and evo) Bar_left0%Dromie (and evo) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Dromie (and evo) Bar_left0%Dromie (and evo) Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Dromie (and evo) Empty Dromie (and evo)

Post by King Dedede Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Well, I am really big on prehistoric creatures. And Dromaeosaurs (Raptors) have been really popular since the release of JP. So, I thought there should be some raptor Poke'mon:

[N/A]
    [N/A]
    Dromie
    Rock/Dark
    The Pack Hunter Poke'mon
    These Poke'mon lived in harsh desert biomes. Despite living in closely knit groups, they were quite competitive.
    Revive from Coal
    Sand Veil or Pressure
    Moves
    [coming soon]
    HP 55/ ATT 75/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 45/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 65/ Total 340

It closely resembles the JP Raptor, however it is cuter and more baby-like. They are completely black (as they are made completely out of coal). Their irises are red.

[N/A]
    [N/A]
    Mineraptor
    Rock/Dark
    The Pack Hunter Poke'mon
    These Poke'mon led packs of Dromies on hunting missions. They created camps in desert oasises.
    Evolves from Dromie at level 35
    Sand Veil or Pressure
    Moves
    [Coming soon]
    HP 70/ ATT 120/ DEF 70/ Sp ATT 80/ Sp DEF 55/ SPD 100/ Total 495

It basically is a feathered raptor covered with mineral formations.

Last edited by King Dedede on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 12 times in total
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Dromie (and evo) Empty Re: Dromie (and evo)

Post by Gelatino95 Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Are you quite familiar with how Base Stats work? Some of them are a bit unrealistic... 167 attack is pretty crazy. 140 is already crazy high. 147 is Haxorus, and Rampardos has 165, but it has bad typing, defenses, and speed that severely hinder its usability. See, if you're going to use a pokemon with base stats that high, it has to have a catch, such as Slaking's Truant ability. Otherwise, I'd suggest lowering its attack to 130 or maybe 140.

Also, base 40 HP makes paper-thin defenses. I mean, it's okay for a pre-evolution, but for a fully evolved pokemon, it will be 2HKO'd by a resisted move. Raise it to something more realistic.

Oh, and level 70 is way too high a level to evolve. Game Freak was pushing it really hard with level 64. We'll probably stick with level 40, which is when most fossil pokemon evolve.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Are you quite familiar with how Base Stats work? Some of them are a bit unrealistic... 167 attack is pretty crazy. 140 is already crazy high. 147 is Haxorus, and Rampardos has 165, but it has bad typing, defenses, and speed that severely hinder its usability. See, if you're going to use a pokemon with base stats that high, it has to have a catch, such as Slaking's Truant ability. Otherwise, I'd suggest lowering its attack to 130 or maybe 140.

Also, base 40 HP makes paper-thin defenses. I mean, it's okay for a pre-evolution, but for a fully evolved pokemon, it will be 2HKO'd by a resisted move. Raise it to something more realistic.

Oh, and level 70 is way too high a level to evolve. Game Freak was pushing it really hard with level 64. We'll probably stick with level 40, which is when most fossil pokemon evolve.

I was actualyl just about to lower the attack when you posted. :p

It's somewhat overpowered because I'm bored right now. :/
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun May 15, 2011 9:35 pm

I'd also like to add that he learns moves at very high levels. Usually only legendaries learn moves that high.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun May 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:I'd also like to add that he learns moves at very high levels. Usually only legendaries learn moves that high.

What? At first you say at really high levels, then you say lower them because only legendaries go that high.

Also, are stats better? Sorry, it's just that I don't actually go by how it works in competitive battling. I was also somewhat basing it's attack off Rampardos.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I was trying to say that you should lower the levels that he learns moves.

As for the base stats, most of them are good, except the speed is still crazy fast. 150 outspeeds every non-legendary besides Ninjask. Try 130, if you really want to go that fast.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Here. That better?

EDIT: from now on I'm not even going to post base stats in my new ideas.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

It's okay, base stats can be pretty hard to figure out at first. They're basically a way to be able to compare the stats of pokemon to each other. It's easier to determine realistic base stats for pokemon once you've seen them a lot.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:It's okay, base stats can be pretty hard to figure out at first. They're basically a way to be able to compare the stats of pokemon to each other. It's easier to determine realistic base stats for pokemon once you've seen them a lot.

I hope your right, I'm pretty bad.

Anyway, the type isn't effective? I can't take out Rock, because it's a Prehistoric Poke'mon, so do you have any idea what should replace Ground? I guess Mineraptor could be Rock/Ice...
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Rock-ground is a pretty bad combination. 4x weak to grass and water, both very common attacking types. But not all pokemon are designed to do well competitively, some of them are just included as filler to be used in the game. You see, pokemon games are designed so you can beat the game with any pokemon you like. So you can basically make your pokemon however you want.

Back on topic, Rock/Ice is probably not a good type for this guy. If you're making an ice-type fossil pokemon, you'll want to model it after an ice-age creature like a wooly mammoth or sabertooth tiger. Maybe a giant ground sloth? I always liked those guys.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Maybe a giant ground sloth? I always liked those guys.

A Ground Sloth sounds nice. Although, since it's your idea you should make the topic.

Plus, I don't really care about the type. I'll just blast those electric types with my Hydro Canon (in Pearl).
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely making a giant ground sloth. A Megatherium, to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatherium
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey gelatino, you forgot about your megatherium project, and it could be a normal type one Exclamation
    Far from this, i made a drawing of Dromie too, i made it similar to a velociraptor but with a baby appearence.

[img]Dromie (and evo) Dromie10[/img]
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Dimafo140 wrote:Hey gelatino, you forgot about your megatherium project, and it could be a normal type one Exclamation
    I tried making some art for that, but it just ended up looking like Emboar.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 pm

I like them... but since it's a fossil base stats should be 495 like all fossils except aerodactyl and archeops wich has defeatist!

The type is ok even with the 4x weaknesses if it has flying type attacks it can counter grass and if it has electric or grass it can counter water.

Stats: (my idea)
    Dromie: HP 50/ ATT 95/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 15/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 80/ Total 340
    Mineraptor: HP 90/ ATT 125/ DEF 95/ Sp ATT 20/ Sp DEF 65/ SPD 100/ Total 495

And why wite smoke...? Clear body is more logical and same effect.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Why such a low special attack? If he ever learns Bite, then it'll do pitifully low damage (assuming third gen mechanics), which wouldn't really make sense. Also, why keep it from successfully using any special moves? Plenty of inexperienced pokemon players may run special attacks just because they don't know the difference. And on top of that, fossil pokemon should be very rewarding to use because they generally have an awfully low experience gain and therefore are very hard to train.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:Why such a low special attack? If he ever learns Bite, then it'll do pitifully low damage (assuming third gen mechanics), which wouldn't really make sense. Also, why keep it from successfully using any special moves? Plenty of inexperienced pokemon players may run special attacks just because they don't know the difference. And on top of that, fossil pokemon should be very rewarding to use because they generally have an awfully low experience gain and therefore are very hard to train.

I saw king wanted a low Sp ATT pokemon that's why... he gave it 17 besides a velociraptor is a fast physical sweeper that's its design that I find pretty rewarding with nice defences! It's problem is that it can be countered by physical walls... Every pokemon has counters or it will be very powerful (Uber).
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Any opinion about my design Question
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Design is like I said very good but I think that it looks so much like a velociraptor... I think this design is for minoraptor better than dromie...
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

I didn't know too much about stats at the time, I agree, it should have higher Sp. Atk. Especially since I'm thinking of changing it to Rock/Dark (Dark is Special in this Gen).
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm

ok i'll push the special ATT up a little more:

Dromie: HP 55/ ATT 75/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 45/ Sp DEF 35/ SPD 65/ Total 340
    Mineraptor: HP 70/ ATT 120/ DEF 70/ Sp ATT 80/ Sp DEF 55/ SPD 100/ Total 495

Is it good now or want it to be more like a special attacker than a physical?

Last edited by Itsme on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : stat changing)
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 pm

The stats look good, and I like the design. A velociraptor pokemon would be perfect!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm

You can still stand to raise the attack a little bit more. There's no need for it to have so much defense. When I think of a velociraptor, I don't imagine it being especially sturdy or defensively-inclined.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

You are right... But since velociraptors are fast maybe I'll give it a boost in that domain! Check the previous comment... I'll edit it cz I'm too lazy to do it again!
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I really like the design, Diamfo, at least for Dromie. I would like Mineraptor to have feathers, however.

Also, you could boost Spd. a bit, but I think of it being more Atk. oriented.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:15 am