New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+2
Gelatino95
inactive_account
6 posters

Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?)

inactive_account

Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Empty Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?)

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 am

These Pokemon are based off of Marine Iguana. I saw a documentary on them and have been experimenting with Pokemon ideas ever since.

Droplet
    Water/None
    Small Lizard Pokemon
    Moves: Tackle, Scratch, Water Gun
    "When frightened, these small Pokemon head for the ocean, where they wait for trouble to pass"
    Possible Abilities:
    100% Torrent
    Click Here to hear this Pokemon's sound.
    It evolves at level 17
    HP: 50
    Atk: 52
    Def: 54
    SpA: 52
    SpD: 48
    Spe: 60
    Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) DroplaetDroplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Shinydroplet

Divelet
    Water/Metal
    Marine Lizard Pokemon
    Moves: Iron Claw, Aqua Jet, Bubble
    "Equipped with rough scales, this Pokemon lives most of its life in rolling waves and stormy seas"
    Possible Abilities:
    100% Torrent
    It evolves at level 36
    Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) DiveletDroplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Shinydivelet

Plungelet
    Water/Metal
    Marine Claw Pokemon
    Moves: Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, ect.
    "Large enough to protect themselves, these buff Pokemon often guard DROPLET and DIVELET from predators."
    Possible Abilities:
    100% Torrent
    Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) PlungletDroplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Shinyplungelet

Okie Dokie, First off...I'm not good with stats, I kinda need help with those.

Last edited by Lyrebirdgirl on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Why are you reading this!?!?!? :D)
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Empty Re: Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?)

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:38 am

Sounds like a good idea. Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the names?
    inactive_account

Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?) Empty Re: Droplet, Divelet, and Plungelet (Maybe starters?)

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 am

Well, I was surprised at how well they dove into the water. Very Happy It's crazy to watch.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm assuming these guys are pure Water type?
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Ack! No, I forgot to put type...hold on, I'll edit it now...
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:58 pm

All right, I'll edit the pokemon list with their types. And I really like the sprites. Feel free to make sprites for other pokemon that don't have them as well.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Really? Thanks. Very Happy
    I splice and recolor sprites on serebii, but this is my first time actually making my own. Along with my laptop's stupid mouse-pad, it takes a while. But, all in all, I'd be honored to make some sprites. Smile
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:03 pm

I suggest getting a USB mouse. It helps a lot with making sprites and stuff. It's hard to have a steady hand when you're using a pad.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Yup, I'm actually waiting for one to come in the mail, we ordered one a few days ago from Amazon. You really have to zoom in on those pixels, though. Very Happy
    Frostichu
    Frostichu

Post by Frostichu Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 am

I like the mouse better, my hands are a little unsteady sometimes and my tablet is a butt.

Nice sprites, btw.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am

Good job on Droplet i wish i could make so cool sprites.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:32 pm

;^^
    Wow. Thanks you guys. I'm going to make some more sprites, I'm also working on Shiny forms of the Droplet line.
    Stephanie
    Stephanie

Post by Stephanie Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 am

Since it has the Torrent Ability, is it safe to assume that this is the Water starter? If it is, I don't see the point of having a second Ability.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:04 am

I think we already have a water starter (I really didn't know this until a few hours ago, after I made these Pokemon)

I should make it 100% Torrent...Edit, here I come! Smile

Oh, Stephanie. Can you help with the stats? I heard you were really good at them.
    Frostichu
    Frostichu

Post by Frostichu Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

We're still voting on water starter between Catscade and The Elephant who's name I forgot.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Pachystar, I think. Anywho I like these Pokemon Not being starters. They can be just a casual water type you can catch in the wild.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:19 pm

We're not 100% certain which one is going to be the water starter yet. We should probably wait until we've got more ideas.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Is there a chance these pokemon could be starters? Surprised
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah, there's definitely a chance. They fit the bill pretty well.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Woot Woot! I just did a little jig. Smile
    Stephanie
    Stephanie

Post by Stephanie Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:28 am

Right, um...

HP: 50
    Atk: 52
    Def: 51
    SpA: 52
    SpD: 49
    Spe: 60

A rough idea of the base form's stats. I've evened out the Offensive stats as it's STABs need both sides of the offensive spectrum to fuction properly. Def>SpD simply because the Steel typing implies Physical bulkiness. I've given it a higher-than-average Spe stat so it doesn't play like Empoleon, who's Spe stat hinders it.

The stats mean that it'll play as a fast mixed Sweeper, so it doesn't collide with Empoleon who relies on it's bulk to let it set up and sweep.

Last edited by Stephanie on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks, I was actually a bit worried about it being too much like empolion. (Or however you spell it) Smile
    Stephanie
    Stephanie

Post by Stephanie Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 am

That's correct iirc.

You may as well post the Base stats in the OP so I can claim credit just so the OP looks more complete
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

Ok, excuse my noob-ness but what does OP stand for? I put it on the first post if that's what you mean. Smile
    Stephanie
    Stephanie

Post by Stephanie Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 am

It stands for 'Original Post' which is the First post.

But yeah, glad to see you agree. So how do you want the rest of the line to function, as it's stats'll vary depending on it's role in battle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content