New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+5
Itsme
Ferrety
King Dedede
Blackjack
MrLiLiBubba
9 posters

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Ferrety
    Ferrety

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Empty Re: grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Post by Ferrety Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 pm

So I just did something.

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop10

The feet are the result of me thinking boots looked too unnatural. Ignore their shoddiness when posting constructive criticism.
    Itsme
    Itsme

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Empty Re: grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Post by Itsme Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:58 pm

It's funny... It looks like it's running from something thats it's scared of! But really not bad...
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Ferrety wrote:So I just did something.

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop10

The feet are the result of me thinking boots looked too unnatural. Ignore their shoddiness when posting constructive criticism.

It's good, but I think that Itsme's sprite fits Grapop more.

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized something. the middle grape on witisquire looks like kirby! Shocked
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm

It has boots because it's supposed to look like Kirby. I've played so much Kirby, I could recognize a Kirby-based character from a kilometer away.

I actually kind of like Ferrety's, it's strange. I like strange Poke'mon, and we don't have many strange Poke'mon ATM.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:37 pm

I just realized Ferrety's sprite looks a lot like Bellsprout. with the roots and everything.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Only problem with Ferrety's is that the grape looks more like a purple pancake. Needs to be more rotund. The main reasons I don't like the other ones are that they're too dark and the latter two evolutions aren't facing the right way.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:20 pm

no offense because it is a good sprite but i prefer diz's sprites because they are more rounded and thats what i was goind fo when i first created them
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Just had an idea...maybe the shiny versions could be green, like unripe grapes?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 pm

treecko's awesomeness wrote:Just had an idea...maybe the shiny versions could be green, like unripe grapes?
    That's a bit obvious, but it works great. Maybe we can make them lighter green or aqua green to make them unique?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 pm

im working on the shinies right now green with blue fire and eyes
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:03 pm

treecko's awesomeness wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized something. the middle grape on witisquire looks like kirby! Shocked

What sprite? Jwoo, DiZ and Ferrety made the sprites!

I agree with gelo DiZ's sprite is good but with Ferrety's body color! Just my suggestion!
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm doing some stuff to my sprite right now. Check back soon.

Edit: grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop11

Foot-related issues! Still there! Also note that the grape is meant to be sideways.
    treecko's awesomeness
    treecko's awesomeness

Post by treecko's awesomeness Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Itsme wrote:
    treecko's awesomeness wrote:

What sprite? Jwoo, DiZ and Ferrety made the sprites!

Bleh! I ment J woo.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Cute! Very nice Ferrety!
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 am

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop13

Shiny sprites Very Happy
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Not bad... But maybe a lighter green?

It looks too fluorescent!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

The shading contrasts far too much with the actual color, and the eyes seem to blend in. You might want to adjust your shading or use a different color of green, and make an outline around the eyes.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:26 pm

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop14

attempt #2
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 am

Um... Better I will fix it.

EDIT: Ready. Here it is!
    grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 3 Grapop12
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Good but the green still have to bi lighter and I kind of liked the blue twig on J woo's sprite!
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 pm

how come the stems eyes and mouth all stay the same color? just asking
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 am

I think that you inverted the colors of the first design. I didn't. I painted every single part. That is. Except the eyes, the mouth and the twigs.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm

ironically i went through and painted every part then tried again inverting the colors and they came out very similar xD
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 am

*edit* don't mind me just trollin along adding base stats to all the pokemon i've come up with including this one. also i edited the move pool a bit
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:45 am

j Woo wrote:*edit* don't mind me just trollin along adding base stats to all the pokemon i've come up with including this one. also i edited the move pool a bit

Just fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:13 am