New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Specific Location Suggestions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+10
Just_Testing
ebilly99
MrLiLiBubba
Shardna
Steel
inactive_account
Dimafo140
King Dedede
Gelatino95
Ferrety
14 posters

Specific Location Suggestions.

Ferrety
    Ferrety

Specific Location Suggestions. Empty Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by Ferrety Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 pm

We seem to be giving lots of attention to Pokemon designs, which is great, but we seem to be forgeting something equally, if not more so, important: Locations. We have a basic Map already, but no specific places. This thread is really just to get some ideas for places we could have and also, hopefuly, breathe life into this section that so direly needs it. Post away!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Specific Location Suggestions. Empty Re: Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks for helping with this section. I probably should have done it, but I'm glad to see that you've taken it into your own hands.

Now, if we'll take a little look at our region map...

Specific Location Suggestions. Map_resize-1

You'll notice that there's a big ol' city up north where the desert is. I was thinking of putting a ground-type gym in there and making the entire town Arabian-themed. The houses will be made of stone and stuff. The gym will look a lot like the inside of an egyptian crypt and the lights will be low, sort of like in the Dewford gym.

The gym leader could be dressed like a pharoah and might have a few desert creatures, maybe a vibrava, and perhaps some desert pokemon from previous games like baltoy and cacnea.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Thinking about it, why not do themed towns? They can give individual places different feels and give the impression of diversity.

As for the Arabian idea, I quite like it. I also feel it might be time to design a Genie Pokemon.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:08 pm

I was actually brainstorming an idea for a desert spirit-type pokemon that only appears in the desert. Its design incorporates ideas from egyptian gods and goddesses. It is very rare but can be helpful to the player's team if they manage to catch it.

However, that's about all the ideas I've come up with. I don't know a design for it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be part ground type and will be the ground gym leader's signature pokemon.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:20 am

I've always wanted more interesting locations in Poke'mon games (although, I guess this is more of a fanfic than a game...). There usually so boring, all the caves are the same, brown and rocks (there aren't even stalagtites!). Forests are almost as boring, the same (deciduous) tree everywhere, with the occasional patch of grass.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 am

I agree with king ddd, however, changing pkm stereotypes and creating something new is easy to say but quite difficult to achieve. Out of this topic, how are we going to design the buildings? Anyone knows how to do it?
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I have a town Idea... Very Happy
    How about a rainforest? I don't recall there ever actually being a rainforest (I may be mistaken).

Plus, the region could be very diverse in geography and have many different climate zones, like China, Australia, America (I can only think of a few right now, please don't hate me if I didn't mention something).

Anyway, back to the rainforest town...We already need more poison types, this is the perfect place for a whole bunch of them. It could have hanging vines and exotic flowers. Maybe even some animal cries and calls in the background music.

Just an Idea, though.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:40 pm

A rainforest might be nice. Don't know if it would fit with the geography of the real-life region in Japan, but I didn't really research that when I made the map.

See that dark green area up in the top-left corner of the map? I was planning to make that into a swamp area, where you can find ghost types lurking about where few other wild pokemon dare to enter. If you want to make that a rainforest instead, then that would work fine. Maybe we could make the surrounding area into a rainforest, and have the spooky swamp out at the edge of the rainforest. The rainforest can border the little lake next to that town up there, and the town can be inside the rainforest.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Sounds Great. I'm glad I could help. Smile
    Steel

Post by Steel Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm

What about junkyard themed area, with steel, rock, and ground pokemon? It doesn't have to be a town, it could be a route. If we have a steel gym, it could be connected to that town.
    Shardna
    Shardna

Post by Shardna Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 pm

What if we could put in a swamp that would be really awesome to walk by? I know you have a lot of swamp areas in some of the other games but maybe we could put in just the one large swamp. It can be inhabited by water and ground types. So..watcha all think?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Shardna wrote:What if we could put in a swamp that would be really awesome to walk by? I know you have a lot of swamp areas in some of the other games but maybe we could put in just the one large swamp. It can be inhabited by water and ground types. So..watcha all think?

I was planning on making a haunted swamp with some Ghost types in it, but by all means we can also include water and ground types, and maybe even some poison types.
    Shardna
    Shardna

Post by Shardna Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Awesome and what about some sweet looking statues? It's kind of lame seeing the same ones all the time but I have no idea how we're going to make them look different then the orginal. Also has anyone made any poison types yet? If we need a few more, then I might come up with something though it's not easy coming up with names when it comes to posion types..:/
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I don't know if we can put in our own custom sprites for the game, so i don't know about statues. However, feel free to make any pokemon you want. Dedede (aka Blixafish) isn't here to make any poison types.
    Shardna
    Shardna

Post by Shardna Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Oh that's alright then. Do we have any names for a beach? Should we name one SunnySide Beach or another name entirly? Also I've noticed that there's a awful amount of water. Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? Going off topic, I'm still trying to come up with a good poison type but I think I might have an idea. ^^
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 pm

There's a lot of water because this area of the map is on a bay. Most of the map is built around the bay, spread out rather than in one compact area.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I know this sounds crazy but what if that island city was actually an underwater city? kind of like when you use dive in R/S/E except with buildings and stuff and to get into it you have to have some kind of key item that lets you breathe underwater
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:29 am

j Woo wrote:I know this sounds crazy but what if that island city was actually an underwater city? kind of like when you use dive in R/S/E except with buildings and stuff and to get into it you have to have some kind of key item that lets you breathe underwater
    That doesn't seem very realistic or practical. Think about if that would actually happen in real life. If somebody wants to build a town out on the ocean, then it would be much more practical to build it above the water (like Pacifidlog town) than under the water, since most people I know can't last for extended periods of time underwater.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Maybe we could have an underwater dome town. With a very rich mayor. You know, like a big underwater bubble. Smile
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 pm

j Woo wrote:I know this sounds crazy but what if that island city was actually an underwater city? kind of like when you use dive in R/S/E except with buildings and stuff and to get into it you have to have some kind of key item that lets you breathe underwater
    yeah i know i just randomly got that idea and decided to through it out there xD
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 am

Quite out of topic but:Haven't we thought about the region's name, haven't we? Someone should open a post...Ok, i could do it myself but i just don't know where.....
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Dimafo140 wrote:Quite out of topic but:Haven't we thought about the region's name, haven't we? Someone should open a post...Ok, i could do it myself but i just don't know where.....
    I would suggest the Official Section or Map-making section.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:04 am

another idea i came up with is some kind of house/building or something and when you bring a pokemon there there is a tank thing they put it in and it evolves (as long as it meets all the qualifactions). i think it would be helpful so that you don get stuck with a lvl 100 pokemon that evolves through level up but you can just take them here and they will evolve
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 am

j Woo wrote:another idea i came up with is some kind of house/building or something and when you bring a pokemon there there is a tank thing they put it in and it evolves (as long as it meets all the qualifactions). i think it would be helpful so that you don get stuck with a lvl 100 pokemon that evolves through level up but you can just take them here and they will evolve
    That sounds a bit unnecessary. Can't you just evolve pokemon the way they're supposed to evolve? I don't even see how you could get stuck with a level 100 that evolves through level-up, considering you're training the pokemon yourself from a relatively low level.
    ebilly99

Specific Location Suggestions. Empty A Creatasious Park

Post by ebilly99 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 pm

How about a area full of Extinct pokemon (Omynites would change to Water poision, Kuboto to Bug water, ect) and a pond that would allow new Evolutions. (Tentacruel to Teracruel a Poison normal type, And Kalilava the First fire water type it evolves from Magcargo)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:34 pm