New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+10
Just_Testing
ebilly99
MrLiLiBubba
Shardna
Steel
inactive_account
Dimafo140
King Dedede
Gelatino95
Ferrety
14 posters

Specific Location Suggestions.

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Wait... why in the world would we change the types of existing pokemon? I do support the idea of a water/fire type, however. If you have ideas for new pokemon, they should not go in this section anyway.
    ebilly99

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Specific Location Suggestions.

Post by ebilly99 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

It was suposed to ba a area where you could catch the "Fossil" pokemon without them ever being fossilized (IE no rock type.) It would allow for variant types like the delta cards for pokemon.
    (Also I was asking for a achient rock like the moss stone and Icerock that allowed Leafeon and Glacion)
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that when pokemon are brought back from fossils, they're the same way as they were in the wild, so their Rock typing should not be lost at all. It just doesn't make sense. Besides, messing with the original types of pokemon is just messing with what Game Freak already made. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for the evolution area, that might be a good idea.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
    j Woo wrote:another idea i came up with is some kind of house/building or something and when you bring a pokemon there there is a tank thing they put it in and it evolves (as long as it meets all the qualifactions). i think it would be helpful so that you don get stuck with a lvl 100 pokemon that evolves through level up but you can just take them here and they will evolve
    That sounds a bit unnecessary. Can't you just evolve pokemon the way they're supposed to evolve? I don't even see how you could get stuck with a level 100 that evolves through level-up, considering you're training the pokemon yourself from a relatively low level.
    i Meant sometimes when you do trades and stuff people will randomly have non evolved pokemon at lvl. 100 (i have no idea why but its happened to me before) also pokemon like aipom and likitung that only evolve while knowing a certain move but maybe at the time you didnt want them to learn that move or in a trade their previous owner didn't, but now you want an ampibom or lickilicky but you can't lvl them up to learn that move
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:58 pm

If you accept a trade at that level, then you're getting scammed and if you really don't want it, you shouldn't agree to it.

Also, trading?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 am

thats true. i was thinking it would be more involved in after game stuff than in the main story like instead of trading a poliwhirl w/kings rock you could just put it in the place to get politoad. it would kinda just i guess help fill up the pokedex
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

Hello! I'm new, here, but right now I've decided to redraw this map here, map it sleeker, more fitting for a 6th gen game. Could you help me in telling me what the blue bits are?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

Blue areas are just locations that aren't cities, like caves, mountains, forests, etc.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Cheers. I'm redrawing the map to make it less pixel-y, anything else you want me to change?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Naw, just do whatever you feel is right. The first map is just intended as a sketch so we know where everything is, but a better version would certainly help.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Okay. How do you feel about outlines round everything? For now, I mean, it'll make it easier to edit in the future.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 Newregion-2
    Here we go.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Looks cool.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Quite a few things could be improved, but for now, it'll do.
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:38 am

Here's a better one, without land:
    Specific Location Suggestions. - Page 2 Newregionmap2

If anyone else wants to do the land, please do.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 am

I was thinking a trench area (Flash, Dive and Surf would be required to go there) would be cool. You could catch a whole bunch of deep sea Pok'mon and stuff.

I also think we should have at least one tower in the game.
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:14 pm

What kind of tower? Another ghost one? Or do you have something else in mind?
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm

It can be the Training Tower, for Fighting Pokémon and other Pokémon that only is there or the Murky Tower/ Ruined Tower, for Dark, Ghost and Psychic Pokémon.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I was thinking it could be an overgrown toer with lots of Bug and Grass types, but I like those ideas too.

We're probably going to have to have a Ghost Tower, too, as I think every region (except possibly Johto) has a Ghost-tower.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm

King Dedede wrote:every region (except possibly Johto) has a Ghost-tower.

Johto has access to Kanto's one.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Hey I'm arabian... I can help you with your arabian themed city...

It can be called "Medina city" wich means city or town!
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Itsme wrote:

I like this. Yes, it may seem redundant but the players won't know that Medina means town.
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Itsme wrote:Hey I'm arabian... I can help you with your arabian themed city...

good idea!

Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Exactly! That was my idea!!
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Sincerely...xddd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:54 pm