New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Dimafo140;the foreign guy EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

3 posters

Dimafo140;the foreign guy

Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Dimafo140;the foreign guy Empty Dimafo140;the foreign guy

Post by Dimafo140 Tue May 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi, i'm Dimafo140, also known in spore as alizloc (Check my page!). The cause of having so strange names is that i'm not an english speaker. I came from Catalonia (also known where Barça's from), a region (and ancient country) in Spain so i use this forum to practice my english too. Very Happy
    I've been playing pkm since the release of yellow and i'm a huge fan (althought i only like "normal" pkm games not dungeons...). One of my other favourite games is Super Smash Bros (melee-brawl) as other nintendo games.

I don't know what i'm good at but i try to help in any way i can.
    My favourite pkm are Kabutops and Drapion, which i've always liked them but thought they were unuseful competitively since i trained them exhaustively. My least favourite is Garbador and some other 5gen pks (it's a sign i'm getting older).
    My favourite type is rock and i would make a rock team if they hadn't so many weakness.

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Dimafo140;the foreign guy Empty Re: Dimafo140;the foreign guy

Post by Gelatino95 Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 pm

It's about time you had an introduction. And I must say, your English really isn't that bad. It's hard to tell that you're not a native English speaker.

I also love Super Smash Bros melee and brawl. I prefer Melee because of its better characters (Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario) and stages (Fourside, Fountain of Dreams, Great Bay), but I also like Brawl because of its higher quality and stage creator. My best character in both games is Ness, and second best is Falco.

I don't know about Drapion, but Kabutops is actually quite good in competitive use. It has a huge attack stat, and with the possibility of Rain Dance to activate Swift Swim, he can outspeed most other pokemon. With Waterfall and Stone Edge as physical STABs, Kabutops can deal some massive damage.

I concur that Garbador is the worst. What is wrong with Game Freak?

There are plenty of options to consider when making a Rock team, and they're not all bad. There's Kabutops, that I mentioned earlier. Also, Gigalith would make an excellent recipient of Trick Room, dealing massive damage with its sky-high attack stat. Archeops has an even more massive attack stat and respectable speed, with the only drawback being that it's pretty much done for by the time it reaches half health. Aerodactyl is one of the best leads in the world, using Taunt to keep other leads from setting up, while setting up Stealth Rock itself. Tyranitar is excellent for setting up Sandstorm, which adds some special defense onto all of your rock types. Regirock and Carracosta both make excellent physical walls.

So if you want to make a rock team, there's nothing stopping you. Go for it, dude. Achieve your dream, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Great intro! I didn't know Catalonia was in Spain (wow, I sound daft)...

Gelatino95 wrote:I concur that Garbador is the worst. What is wrong with Game Freak?

I actually kind of like Garbador.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Well... it has been a long time since I last posted...

I'm writing only to confirm that I will no longer work in this project, so this is kind of a farewell.
    The forum has been without major activity since the beginnig of last year, i tried to boost it a little bit but it was just useless... I don't know if was a lack of leadership, a lack of compromise from all of us or it was just a matter of time that led to this. What it surely wasn't, is the lack of ideas. This forum is plenty of awesome and original concepts! We may not be the best drawers, spriters or move-designers but our creations were absolutely worthy.

Above all,i would like to thank everyone for being respectfull and nice to me.
    It's curious how i still like pokémon after so many years...
    As i'm already in University and studying to languages i won't have so much time as i once had,but, if you ever happen to have a great idea for creating a game, don't hesitate to pm me.(although i will only be able to work on it in summer...).

Well, it was nice to meet you pals!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

I think the main problem that we had was lack of organization and structure. Yes, we had a nice forum where people could post and organize their ideas. But we didn't have the incentive to get anything done, and we didn't even know who would assemble the project, much less how we would assemble the project. Any project done over the internet is going to be inherently weak because all work is completely voluntary.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you're doing with your life. Sounds like university is going to be fun for you.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am

Adios, Dimafo. I know you'll never read this, but I wanted to give you my regards and wish you luck with your life. The University, especially. I can definitely seeing you going on to do something epic.

And, it's fine that you still like Pkmn. The series is still going relatively strong, and I encourage you to keep liking it. I still occasionally think about making a Pkmn fangame... I know it'll probably never happen, but you can always dream, and those dreams always incorporate one or two ideas from here.

Anyway, as I said... good luck with life. That's... really the only point of this post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am