New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
a Celebi based story line EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
a Celebi based story line EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
a Celebi based story line EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
a Celebi based story line EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
a Celebi based story line EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
a Celebi based story line EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
a Celebi based story line EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
a Celebi based story line EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
a Celebi based story line EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+4
inactive_account
Gelatino95
superpika1of4
Ferrety
8 posters

a Celebi based story line

Poll

is it time to release Celebi as an in game legendary pokemon ?

[ 4 ]
    a Celebi based story line Bar_left50%a Celebi based story line Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    a Celebi based story line Bar_left50%a Celebi based story line Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed

a Celebi based story line Empty a Celebi based story line

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:55 am

My idea is a Celebi based storyline ... with the introduction of an anti-Celebi pokemon (in the same vein as Cressalia and Darkrai), a dark-Celebi or a Celebi hunter pokemon ... the story begins with the Pokemon Professor hunting an extremely rare pokemon, the last one of three extremely rare pokemon(starters) and invites you on the hunt as a friend of the family and neighbor in the small town where you live and the professor (let's say professor pine) has his/her lab in. you and of course your friend who lives next door, also a scheming research assistant(who steals the third starter - some time after you choose your starter, whatever one is weaker against the one you choose ... steals a pokedex - compelling the professor to enlist you to fill your pokedex before the assistant does, and ultimately coming to see the error of his ways and repent).

the hunt leads to a strange atmospheric event (like an aurora or those swirling clouds from ghost busters). When your team of pokemon hunters reaches the event. you see celebi battling the anti celebi (I don't really have an anti celebi fleshed out at the moment ... probably better discussed in the new pokemon thread ... I'm thinking dark/fire or ghost/fire type) celebi is beaten and the professor uses his personal poekmon to defend celebi. The anti celebi flees through it's own time rift/window/thing, but the professor tells you that the anti-celebi will be back. the hunt ends.

You go home ... time passes (cut scenes) ... the professor calls you into his laboratory. tells you that in the region that the game takes place in strange pokemon have been appearing (this way any region can be used and new pokemon can be introduced seamlessly) ... the game is spent becoming a great pokemon trainer (by way of defeating the gyms), collecting these strange pokemon to add to the professors pokedex and filling the pokedex, and befriending the local Baddies (team whatever-fits the base region ... or even cooler all currently existing regions and that regions baddies by way of different versions of this generation ... allowing access to every pokemon in the dex with play in the various versions) to help close a rift between the poke-universe and the parallel universe of the anti-Celebi whose opened a door from a strange dimension and allowed the pokemon from its dimension to come into yours (throwing off the balance of the ecosystem - one of the main themes) , causing all sorts of problems)

The game is filled with reminders that even the strange pokemon can be taught to be good by caring for them and being a good trainer(maybe even the anti-celebi) love/friendship overcoming evil. (one of the main themes)

There could be an online aspect of the game where you could maybe send your pokemon into the parallel universe to complete mini-games to achieve special ribbons (yeah, I think they should bring back ribbons, and your pokemon can earn league champion ribbons or special ribbons from every region) or get special moves or something completely new ... you could even work with other players in team mini-games/battles or interact in a sort of pokemon social network ... there's definitely a handheld PC that you can store your pokemon in (explanation of how wireless networks work / wifi integrated into the storyline) and send mail to other players/friends (e-mail ... maybe pokemail - one of the main themes - new mechanic) with apps (maybe a bit like a poketch) ...

the games many wins could include you battling the anti-celebi (maybe with the help of celebi who maybe gives you a chance to befriend it), of course defeating all of gym leaders and the final four and the league champion all of whom could help you with different aspects of of other in game stories, befriending and completing the regional pokemon team story (maybe even a end game double cross from team rocket - as a nod to the anime) or maybe a new team of baddies that you have to team up with the gym leaders/final four/champion/trainers/old school baddies to foil their scheme, filling the local and national pokedex's in the various regions

I'm thinking that the pokemon from the other dimension are pokemon created by the imagination of a little girl/boy(whichever you as a player are not) and made real by Jirachi ...
    I have a few ideas for pokemon :
    a flying horse legendary pokemon
    a tiny flying elephant pokemon
    a clown bird pokemon (flightless)
    giant squid legendary pokemon
    one-two-three headed dog pokemon
    cockroach pokemon (?)
    angel pokemon
    devil pokemon
    minotaur pokemon
    satyr pokemon
    mischievous fairy pokemon
    elemental pokemon (a pokemon who is just darkness or fire or water or lightning or rock or whatever)
    maybe even the introduction of a new pokemon type (time or light or sound)

pokebots ? ... think about it ... could have something to do with the new baddies team ...

thank you for wasting a few minutes of your life reading this ... and I want to hear whatever you think about it ... or have to add to it ... or might change about it ...

Ferrety
    Ferrety

a Celebi based story line Empty Re: a Celebi based story line

Post by Ferrety Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 am

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't really like this idea.

1. We have users that have the talent and potential to create hundreds of unique Pokemon, why should we use one of Nintendo's?

2. An Anti-Anything seems really unoriginal. Darkrai and Cresselia were designed to oppose each other, being complete opposites. Celebi was not designed to have anything oppose it.

3. We're going to make our own region. Why do we need to make an excuse as to why things are there?

4. These features don't really have anything to do with the plot. Also, if this is made into an actual game, the software we have won't allow Online stuff.

5. It almost seems like you forgot about the evil team until the end, then offered no explanation as to where they are in the plot.

6. Pokemon ideas, New Pokemon forum. Not Plot.

Sorry if I seem like someone who complains at everything, I just don't really see any reason to use this plot.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Ferrety wrote:I'm sorry to say this, but I don't really like this idea.
    that's good, I like the input. now let me address it.

Ferrety wrote:1. We have users that have the talent and potential to create hundreds of unique Pokemon, why should we use one of Nintendo's?
    because it's a 'pokemon' game and I was just sticking to the formula the game has used since pokemon red ... bringing old characters like lugia and ho-oh into the game and out of events in HGSS ... are you suggesting that we part from the old games and make a 'digimon' sort of game ? ... that'd be cool too I guess but my Ideas are pokemon Ideas and the pokemon franchise tends to follow a certain pattern, if you think that we should redesign the game (e.g. pokemon ranger or digimon or something radically different), I'd like to hear your ideas

Ferrety wrote:2. An Anti-Anything seems really unoriginal. Darkrai and Cresselia were designed to oppose each other, being complete opposites. Celebi was not designed to have anything oppose it.
    I guess I was just playing off of the balance of nature theme, or the balance theme intrinsic to the pokemon concept i.e. fire > grass > water > fire = harmony(balance) ... the anti celebi character also plays on the mythology of celebi as a sort of time traveling protector of nature ... and allows for the creation of a number of big tough pokemon and little cute pokemon ... I wasn't being start from scratch original, you're right but again this is a pokemon game ... and did you have another direction you were thinking of ?

Ferrety wrote:3. We're going to make our own region. Why do we need to make an excuse as to why things are there?
    that is cool ... my ideas are fluid and the multi-region idea came to me while writing out my ideas ... but in HGSS you can access two regions ... and even with a new region 'why things are there' is what 'story line' means ... I'm sorry to sound defensive, but by #3 you're on the offensive and I do feel the need to defend my ideas.

Ferrety wrote:4. These features don't really have anything to do with the plot. Also, if this is made into an actual game, the software we have won't allow Online stuff.
    pokemon games are a collection of sub plots which all lead to a central theme (gen 3 was land and sea, gen 4 was time and space, gen 5 is a little more complex but ultimately good vs. evil thus the ambiguous baddies) ... and software can be written ... the hardware does definitely allow it (dream world 'www.pokemon-gl.com' check it out)

Ferrety wrote:5. It almost seems like you forgot about the evil team until the end, then offered no explanation as to where they are in the plot.
    once again creativity is fluid ... my original idea was to reuse the baddies from whatever region was used, as I imagined using the whole pokeearth I imagined making allies of the old teams, and as I imagined that it occurred to me that a separate team taking advantage of the situation fit more closely to the pokemon game formula and added the idea of a team of baddies without removing the idea of making friends with the old teams ...

Ferrety wrote:6. Pokemon ideas, New Pokemon forum. Not Plot.
    1.yeah, pokemon ideas
    2.you, this is a relatively new pokemon forum ... seemingly about pokemon ideas
    3.a temporal/demensional/pokemagic rift upsetting the ecosystem of every region on pokeearth caused by a mysterious mythical pokemon who seems to be hunting another mysterious but recognizable mythical pokemon (and using celebi was just an idea ... I like the idea of giving the average pokemon player access to celebi) and you have to help restore the balance ... sounds like a pokemon plot to me.

Ferrety wrote:Sorry if I seem like someone who complains at everything, I just don't really see any reason to use this plot.
    I don't see your plot idea ... I'm not here to stick my flag in it and claim it as my own just throwing out ideas ... and I'm not here to nonsensical negativism without basis and obviously meant as some sort of posturing ... next time you want to critique someones creative submission I'm going to suggest that you actually read the submission ... maybe two or three times if the words are too big or you don't understand something ... and don't be afraid to ask what they might have meant ... I know you didn't mean well, but I'm one of those 'rise above it' types and I really would like your input ... maybe next time just stay away from all of the negativism and actually make an attempt to understand what you've read before attacking it, it'll make you seem less petty and well, smarter.

and to everyone else; again, they're just ideas ...
    superpika1of4

Post by superpika1of4 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 pm

I like being able to catch Celebii but I don't like the anti-Celebii thing
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm

We're definitely not using Celebi. We're coming up with our own ideas for pokemon, so we shouldn't be relying on ideas that Game Freak already came up with for us.

And about the online thing, we don't have the resources to make an actual "game". We're just coming up with a cool database, allowing us to express all our ideas and let our creativity flow and, eventually, come up with as much as we can. I can't figure out the RPG maker software at all, so unless someone happens to come along who knows how to use it, we can't make any games.

I sort of like the idea of a fight between a pokemon that represents good and one that represents evil. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to fit the evil team into the story. If you have a good idea, then that would be cool too.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:We're definitely not using Celebi. We're coming up with our own ideas for pokemon, so we shouldn't be relying on ideas that Game Freak already came up with for us.
    you mean like Pokemon ... good luck guys ... this place is a bit to rigid for me ...

I mean it too I hope you guys have fun ... but I can't really get down with pokemon sandstone and the legendary radon pokemon ... you guys have some great Ideas but as for me I'm out.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Aw. That guy had some good ideas too. Sad
    ebilly99

Post by ebilly99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:42 pm

I had a time travel pokemon mod I was working on, and the Opposition pokemon was Rekmeta, a Robotic pokemon that Team Genome build using Celibe's Dna and transfering it into data. Its main Purpose in life was to eliminate all organic pokemon and to create a future with Robotic and humans only.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Sounds cold and evil. I generally don't like the idea of robotic pokemon because pokemon are supposed to be like animals and living things. However, there are some exeptions, like Magnemite, who I firmly believe is not a robot, but in fact an organism which is simply made of metal.
    ebilly99

Post by ebilly99 Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks but there is at least one pokemon that is Data... Porygon. This is supposed to be based on the technology of the future interfering with the past.
    oshawott
    oshawott

Post by oshawott Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am

Why not have celibi cachable along with other pokemon after you beat the game?
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 am

Why not? Maybe have everything catchable? That would be awesome.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Just_Testing wrote:

Why not? Maybe have everything catchable? That would be awesome.
    Yeah, we'll probably end up making everything catchable in-game, due to the inability to trade or receive pokemon from events. It will add a ton of post-game content.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Everything!?! That would make it quite hard to fit everything in...

I think we should probably go with a dex with 200 Pokemon in it, Hoenn style. That way, we don't need to make 150-odd new Pokemon, and we get to put older Pokemon in.
    Celebifollow

Post by Celebifollow Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am

superpika1of4 wrote:I like being able to catch Celebii but I don't like the anti-Celebii thing
    I agree, Celebi MUST feel left out-but it shouldn't need as much attention as stated with the whole anti-Clebi plot thing. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:48 am