New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
New Pokemon: Coleold EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+4
King Dedede
Gelatino95
GuardChomp-
DownsideBrian
8 posters

New Pokemon: Coleold

DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

New Pokemon: Coleold Empty New Pokemon: Coleold

Post by DownsideBrian Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:44 am

Coleold is my first new pokemon suggestion.

Coleold is a Bug/Ice type. I've always thought that Bugs were made weaker than they should be, and so i've thought up a new one.

I have no concept art, but it is definitely a beetle, and it should probably have pincers and claws made of ice.

Pokedex description is not finished. Need suggestions.

Location: somewhere cold, or maybe temperate places, but only at night. Inside caves, maybe.

As this is my first suggestion, I won't get mad if it goes nowhere, but if you like it, please help me develop it. An evolutionary line might be good for it, but it could also be like Heracross (my fave bug type) and have no evos.

EDIT: Coleold Bug/Ice type, Mantice Bug/Ice type, and Beatall Bug/Ground v.2:

Coleold and Mantice can have the abilities Compoundeyes or Snow Cloak. Beatall can have the abilities Compoundeyes or Intimidate. I need suggestions for the hidden ability.

Coleold Pokedex entry: Coleold nest in large colonies high in the mountains, but climb down every day to feed and gather food for [pre-evo?]. When their young leave the nest, Coleold evolve into Mantice or Beatall and begin defending the mountain.

Coleold Evolves into Mantice at lvl 31, and Beatall by trade (or the equivalent) holding soft sand. It evolves from [pre-evo] at lvl 15.

Mantice Pokedex entry: As Manice age, they become more physically and mentally sharp and refined. The strongest and sharpest become the leaders of their colony.

Beatall Pokedex entry: Beatall Defend the mountain that their colony resides in viciously, but they can be very friendly if their trust is earned.

Location very tall mountain, like the pokedex says. This evolutionary line would be unique among mountain pokemon because Mantice and Beatall would be rare, but found at the bottom of the mountain, its pre evo would be common, but at the top, and Coleold would be uncommon, but not rare, all over the mountain.

Coleold Stats: HP 40/ ATT (40 or 60)/ DEF 30/ Sp ATT (40 or 60)/ Sp DEF 30/ SPD 60/ Total 260
    Mantice Stats: HP 60/ ATT (90 or 110)/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT (90 or 110)/ Sp DEF 60/ SPD 100/ Total 485
    Beatall Stats: HP 75/ ATT 90/ DEF 105/ Sp ATT 70/ Sp DEF 115/ SPD 30/ Total 485

Last edited by DownsideBrian on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

New Pokemon: Coleold Empty Re: New Pokemon: Coleold

Post by GuardChomp- Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 am

Darn It! I was going to making An Ice bug! Crying or Very sad Oh well. I'll make it the Evolution.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 pm

First of all, bug types are NOT weaker than they should be. We've been over this at Serebii many times. Scizor, Forretress, Heracross, Venomoth, Yanmega, Ninjask, Escavalier, Volcarona... the list goes on. Just because many of the early-game fodder pokemon are bug types doesn't make them underpowered.

Also, this looks like a cool idea for a pokemon. Where does the name "Coleold" come from?
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Interesting. I also had an idea for a Bug/Ice type, it was a Damselfly made out of Glass.
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

King Dedede wrote:Interesting. I also had an idea for a Bug/Ice type, it was a Damselfly made out of Glass.
    So similar to my idea...
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm

By bug/Ice type pokemon was based over a mantiss... But I wasn't gonna post it... but since you opened the door so why not... still not gonna post it but maybe I can share some ideas with you!
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Lol, so almost everyone wanted a Bug/Ice type?
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Yeah. Brached Evolution could work.
    Beetle(DB) > Mirror Damesel fly(DDD)
    v >
    v v
    Mantis >Glass Fly(GC)
    (DDD)

Anyone Else want An Ice/Bug?

Last edited by GuardChomp- on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 am

Gelatino95 wrote:First of all, bug types are NOT weaker than they should be. We've been over this at Serebii many times. Scizor, Forretress, Heracross, Venomoth, Yanmega, Ninjask, Escavalier, Volcarona... the list goes on. Just because many of the early-game fodder pokemon are bug types doesn't make them underpowered.

Also, this looks like a cool idea for a pokemon. Where does the name "Coleold" come from?
    Scientific name for beetles: Coleoptera + cold= Coleold. And I wasn't saying they were all underpowered, just that there are other types for early game fodder, and i cant even make utility pokemon out of them... dont get me wrong, i like bug types, just not the hordes of kricketot i see in my platinum game.

Also, I had some new ideas for this guy while I was at work today (distracted much?)
    Here's the new entry. feel free to make suggestions:
    Coleold is a Bug/Ice type

Its ability can be either compoundeyes, or Ice Body. Its Hidden Ability is No Guard. maybe.

Pokedex entry: Coleold nest in large colonies high in the mountains, but climb down every day to feed and gather food for [pre-evo?]. When their young leave the nest, Coleold evolve into [evo?] and begin defending the mountain.

Location very tall mountain, like the pokedex says. This pokemon would be unique among mountain pokemon because the later evo would be rare, but found at the bottom of the mountain, its pre evo would be common, but at the top, and it would be uncommon, but not rare, all over the mountain.

As for stats, it should have abilities fitting a mid- evo pokemon.
    As i have no names for the evo and pre evo, I will not start their entries yet. as usual, suggestions are welcome. This is a community project, after all.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am

I think mine and GuardChomp's should be in a seperate line together, since there both made out of glass and Coleold and as far as I can see, the Mantis are made of Ice.

Also, the Poke'dex entry, abilities and all are great. I especially love the name= Poke'mon with parts of scientific names in their name are epic.
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

I agree with this statement.
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

I don't mean to criticize, but wouldn't a mantis make a bad ice bug? It's so skinny, it would snap into pieces. Unless its a super glass cannon, like sneasel... Also, please help me with the sprite; I am no good at drawing, by hand or on paint, and I really have few ideas about how Coleold should look. It should definitely have ice picks for claws, and maybe a horn or pincers made of ice, or with icicles hanging off them.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Well you can never say anything about a pokemon before u see the design!

Gamefreak made a sturdy ant with a 109 DEF

They made a glass cannon speed freak shark

They made a fire chicken

ETC... So a mantis is not necessarily defenseless!!!!
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Do all Ice types need defences? I think a Glass Cannon insect could actually work (I mean, Ice is such a bad type it doesn't matter if it has defences, it'll go down quickly anyway).
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Exactly ferrety! You are right...

Ice is not a bad type... True it has bad weaknesses but it has great coverage and great attacks overall. I mean Ground is good but what does it have besides earthquake as a main attack? Ice is not made to be a defesive type... It's all about offence!
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Yes, Ice is meant to be an offensive type. The problem is that many Water types get Ice moves, and they won't die in one hit. Sure, they don't get STAB, but again, they don't die in one hit.

Also, Ground is immune to a type. The only resistance Ice has is itself.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Don't forget ice gets super effective hits on dragons... No other type can do this besides dragon type!

and most water types only get Blizzard and ice beam and in their hands they are not that powerful.

Ground mainly defensive gets 3 special weaknesses and the 3 are commonly used (Water, Grass and Ice) the electric immunity is good though.
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Actually, I was thinking about making Coleold have a branched evolution: evolves into the mantis by, say, trade with an item (or whatever we're replacing trade with for evolution) or it can become a bug/ground beetle by level up. The bug/ground beetle would be defensive- based pokemon. whaddya think?
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Ok sorry we got distracted from the main thing in here...

So a branch evolution... Coleold (Ice/Bug) evolves at level 30 to Mantice (Ice/Bug) An offensive behemoth... But can evolve to Beatall (Bug/Ground) if u traded Coleold while holding fine sand. It is a defensive bug!

Not a bad idea!

Coleold Stats: HP 40/ ATT 50/ DEF 30/ Sp ATT 60/ Sp DEF 25/ SPD 55/ Total 260
    Mantice Stats: HP 60/ ATT 90/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT 110/ Sp DEF 60/ SPD 100/ Total 485
    Beatall Stats: HP 60/ ATT 90/ DEF 120/ Sp ATT 70/ Sp DEF 115/ SPD 30/ Total 485

As abilities Coleold and Mantice can have the Snow cloak ability while beatall can have Battle armor.
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:13 am

It is supposed to be primarily bug-type, so it's abilities should reflect that. I definitely like the names and stats, Itsme, but I don't know about the abilities. How about dual-abilities: Compoundeyes for all of them, Snow Cloak for Coleold and Mantice, and Intimidate for Beatall? Tell me what you think.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:14 am

How are you going to trade it?
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:46 am

We'll probably have something to replace it.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:24 am

Ok.

Also, I think Beatall should have Battle Armor, or Rock Head.
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:24 am

Rock head, maybe, but i really don't like battle armor. What if we raise its stats and give it a hindering ability?
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 am

I hate hindering abilities... It will be like a good pokemon ruined.

I like Brian ideas for intimidate... But I think compoudeyes is only good for butterfree. I mean sure we can benefit for strong moves having a good accuracy but that would be overpowered in my oppinion! I think maybe Hyper cutter would be good cz both evolutions have a good ATT. Plus they do have pincers or claws don't they?

I thought of Snow cloak because Mantice can use some luck to stay alive since it's a glass cannon.

Battle armor is for preventing ctrits that otherwise would do massive damage even with great DEF.

But Brian they are your pokemon... So you are free to put whatever you want as abilities and defenetely Intimidate is a good choice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm