New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+4
King Dedede
Gelatino95
GuardChomp-
DownsideBrian
8 posters

New Pokemon: Coleold

GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 Empty Re: New Pokemon: Coleold

Post by GuardChomp- Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 am

Itsme wrote:and most water types only get Blizzard and ice beam and in their hands they are not that powerful.
    Wat. Water types can hit grass super effectively thanks to ice beam & blizzard.
    Itsme wrote:I hate hindering abilities... It will be like a good pokemon ruined.
    Slaking & Archeops are still beast's even with hindering abilities. Though I cant say the same for Gigas.
    I like Brian ideas for intimidate... But I think compoudeyes is only good for butterfree. I mean sure we can benefit for strong moves having a good accuracy but that would be overpowered in my oppinion!
    You Know Galavantuala is in RU, right?
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Exactly my point... Ice type has really good coverage... But there is a lot of other Ice type moves like ice shard notably that water types don'y get.

Butterfree has the powder moves thats why I said that compoundeyes is only good on butterfree. Every pokemon can use some accuracy boost but I think thats butterfree's niche. Being successful to statusing opponents if it remains alive Wink and with quiver dance now It can do some damage too... It is still pretty frail.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Unless it's going to be based of a Tiger Beetle or something, Intimidate doesn't really make sense. Not all Poke'mon have to be strong., you know, and Battle Armor makes perfect sense (in my opinion).
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Itsme wrote:Butterfree has the powder moves thats why I said that compoundeyes is only good on butterfree. Every pokemon can use some accuracy boost but I think thats butterfree's niche. Being successful to statusing opponents if it remains alive Wink and with quiver dance now It can do some damage too... It is still pretty frail.
    ...Not all pokemon have to have an ability that complements its moves.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Sure! So where are we in all of this?

Brian... Time to edit the OP with what u have decided to do with your pokemon so they can sprite them...
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 am

DownsideBrian wrote:Coleold is my first new pokemon suggestion.

Coleold is a Bug/Ice type. I've always thought that Bugs were made weaker than they should be, and so i've thought up a new one.

I have no concept art, but it is definitely a beetle, and it should probably have pincers and claws made of ice.

Pokedex description is not finished. Need suggestions.

Location: somewhere cold, or maybe temperate places, but only at night. Inside caves, maybe.

As this is my first suggestion, I won't get mad if it goes nowhere, but if you like it, please help me develop it. An evolutionary line might be good for it, but it could also be like Heracross (my fave bug type) and have no evos.

EDIT: Coleold Bug/Ice type, Mantice Bug/Ice type, and Beatall Bug/Ground v.2:

Coleold and Mantice can have the abilities Compoundeyes or Snow Cloak. Beatall can have the abilities

Coleold Pokedex entry: Coleold nest in large colonies high in the mountains, but climb down every day to feed and gather food for [pre-evo?]. When their young leave the nest, Coleold evolve into Mantice or Beatall and begin defending the mountain.

Mantice Pokedex entry: As Manice age, they become more physically and mentally sharp and refined. The strongest and sharpest become the leaders of their colony.

Beatall Pokedex entry: Beatall Defend the mountain that their colony resides in viciously, but they can be very friendly if their trust is earned.

Location very tall mountain, like the pokedex says. This evolutionary line would be unique among mountain pokemon because Mantice and Beatall would be rare, but found at the bottom of the mountain, its pre evo would be common, but at the top, and Coleold would be uncommon, but not rare, all over the mountain.

Coleold Stats: HP 40/ ATT (40 or 60)/ DEF 30/ Sp ATT (40 or 60)/ Sp DEF 30/ SPD 60/ Total 260
    Mantice Stats: HP 60/ ATT (90 or 110)/ DEF 65/ Sp ATT (90 or 110)/ Sp DEF 60/ SPD 100/ Total 485
    Beatall Stats: HP 75/ ATT 90/ DEF 105/ Sp ATT 70/ Sp DEF 115/ SPD 30/ Total 485
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 am

DownsideBrian wrote:Coleold and Mantice can have the abilities Compoundeyes or Snow Cloak. Beatall can have the abilities
    Were you planning on finishing that? How about giving Beatall Sand Defense(one of my abilities)?
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 am

GuardChomp- wrote:
    DownsideBrian wrote:Coleold and Mantice can have the abilities Compoundeyes or Snow Cloak. Beatall can have the abilities
    Were you planning on finishing that? How about giving Beatall Sand Defense(one of my abilities)?

I thought I missed something. I'm fixing it now. And I really don't want to give Beatall a weather based ability. That's for Coleold and Mantice.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 am

For the stats I think that coleold and mantice should be more specially inclined in ATT cz ice have good special attacks to benefit especially if they are in hail (snow cloak) they can use blizzard effectively.

The stats on Beatall are good but I think that beatall and Mantice should have the same base HP to really show the difference between a glass cannon and a tank and tank you Wink
    GuardChomp-
    GuardChomp-

Post by GuardChomp- Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

I don't see wynaut. Just give Mantice & beatal reversed stats for offense & defense.
    Mantice: 65/100/60/100/60/100
    Beatall: 100/60/100/60/100/65
    Switched speed & hp, attack & defense, & sp. attack, & sp. defense.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I still don't think Beatall should have Intimidate... maybe when I see some concept art/sprites I'll change my mind.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm

For Your idea Guardchomp... I think it's best not to do it... Otherwise one would be a going in one hit and the other will rely on toxic to do damage! Ok we will show the diffenrence between the two but c'mon Beatall deserve a respectful ATT Stat... besides 60 HP and good DEF make for a good bulky pokemon... Just ask Dusknoir!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Itsme wrote:For Your idea Guardchomp... I think it's best not to do it... Otherwise one would be a going in one hit and the other will rely on toxic to do damage! Ok we will show the diffenrence between the two but c'mon Beatall deserve a respectful ATT Stat... besides 60 HP and good DEF make for a good bulky pokemon... Just ask Dusknoir!
    Dude, we're just making a game, not a competitive metagame. Not every pokemon has to be amazing.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Anyway it's brian's decision! But I don't think that 5th gen had really good pokemon and not too much fillers! Fine we can make fillers but we already have some! besides I don't want it to be amazing thats why I gave it battle armor.
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Itsme wrote:Anyway it's brian's decision! But I don't think that 5th gen had really good pokemon and not too much fillers! Fine we can make fillers but we already have some! besides I don't want it to be amazing thats why I gave it battle armor.

I would like my first new pokemon suggestion to be as much from other's suggestions as from my own mind, so that I can get a feel for what the community likes, and can suggest better stuff later on, and so that it would be more accepted by you all. Those specific stats of 60s and 100s don't really appeal to me, but if someone thinks that my Coleold and his evos are too overpowered, or underpowered, or that we need an underpowered or overpowered pokemon and it should be mine, I will look at it and alter the stats or abilities appropriately, as needed. No more, no less. This may be my pokemon, but it is part of a community project, and so should have plenty of input from that community.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Wow. That is a BIG Point.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 pm

You're right brian... But don't forget that you have an opinion too so you have the right to take or leave what you want... Sure you need to get some ideas but the final decision is all yours!
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 am

Which makes me wonder: do we have a system for how it is decided which new pokemon go into the running list? is there a vote or a single person who makes the decision? Or is every suggested pokemon going on the list and we just weed out the ones we don't want at the end?
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:13 am

We're not a very well put together forum. Just a handful of Poke'fans doing stuff. As far as I can see, it'll probably get into the game if you like it, and the rest of the community doesn't hate it with a vengeance.
    Itsme
    Itsme

Post by Itsme Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Well as far as I'm concerned, I started to finish my own pokemon that are already posted. All I need now is a spriter and your opinion... My breezair and cyclocone are almost finished but didn't have any reviews yet... So I'm assuming that they are OK.

I think that we have a decent amount of pokemon... So we need to get stuff organized... We need to finish all the pokemon existing on this forum so we can make a preliminary pokedex... I can help with everything, well except for sprites obviously!
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:01 am

just got on Spore for the first time (trial version only, nothing crazy) and made a rough pic of what Coleold should look like. It needs tons of work before I say that it IS Coleold, but its a start. For now, this is it: New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 CRE_coleold-0c8394eb_ful
    Like I said, this is just the working model, and it will change entirely. I couldn't make it look like a bug, but the body should be more segmented, the legs should be more exoskeleton-like, and the face needs to be more pokemon-like in general. The grass on its upper arms should be icicles, and along its back there should be some short ice spikes or something. we might want to put ice like horns on the head, and the upper hands need to change entirely into ice pick-like things. I'm pretty happy with the feet and the lower hands, but if anyone has better suggestions, please, I welcome them!
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 am

That's a cool idea. As it is named from coleoptera, i suppose you were thinking about a beettle. As you are the creator of the concept you should decide wich type of beettle do you want: Carabus, cetonia, otiornycus... take a look on wikipedia and get inspired. I could help you making the sprite...
    DownsideBrian
    DownsideBrian

Post by DownsideBrian Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 am

Anyone with a sprite idea, please post a sketch. Nothing too fancy, just a rough sketch. just need to tell that its a beetle. I'm getting online to find a few real world bugs to base it on right now.........

Here's one that could be Beatall
    New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 Goliath_beetle

And for Coleold
    New Pokemon: Coleold - Page 2 Egypt.KV6.04

Yes, i know, scarabs=hot place, but they made a fire moth, i think we can have an ice scarab
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:47 pm

If it's gonna be a Goliath Beatle, I can see why you wanted Intimidate (it being the heaviest beetle in the world).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:12 pm