New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+5
Itsme
Ferrety
King Dedede
Blackjack
MrLiLiBubba
9 posters

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Itsme
    Itsme

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Empty Re: grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Post by Itsme Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey guys don't be like that...
    DiZ don't be that defensive if someone crititised your work... Not all people have the same taste.
    And he posted them cz he worked on them... Made me reconsider if we may have a third one or not! Not to say that I defenitly with the 3rd evo idea but the truth is that DiZ's sprites are better and cuter!
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Empty Re: grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

all i was saying is that they dont fit in with the ones ive made. i never said they were bad
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I was defensive because it doesn't feel god if you are trying to help and someone sends you to the sh**. That is a really bad feeling.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I like DiZ's sprites because they're more circular and higher quality with better shading. I personally think they look cute, and that's really a matter of opinion anyway.

The first one is fine, but always remember that front sprites face toward the left side of the screen.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I have to fix the last one.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:13 pm

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Grapop10

honestly after i added mouths to the sprites i kinda fell in love with em. really the only reason i was mad before is because i was halfway through making a backsprite for graduo that was taking me forever XD

Last edited by j Woo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:14 pm

The mouth is a bit too hard to see against the dark body of the pokemon. You could either leave out the mouth or make the body lighter.
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Nice one. Now they look a lot like Kirby.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:18 pm

thats exactly what i said when i first made grapop thats why i made it oval lol. also when you edit the 3rd evo can you add a few more grapes so it doesnt feel like we're copin magneton

Last edited by j Woo on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Fixed a bit the eyes. And little errors that I made.

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Grapop11
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:21 pm

The last evo could be called Crotrio. Or Grawn. Or Gracropop.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:24 pm

maybe vineosion (vine+explosion)grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Grapop11

i kinda got rid of the green cuz thats not one of the colors of roman government and thats what grapop is based on
    Blackjack
    Blackjack

Post by Blackjack Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Let the green be...

Winsion. Wine + Explosion. Winate. Wine + Detonate.

Graxion. Deformation of Grape + Explosion.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:42 pm

ive got it. Wynosion. Whine and explosion

King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:00 pm

j Woo wrote:i dont have a good name for it any way. can you think of a way to combine royal, grape, and bomb? lol

Try my original name, Vitisquire. It's smooth on the tongue, is named after a Genus of grapes and 'Squire', which is a shortening of 'Esquire', meaning a knight in training.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:02 pm

or mix em all up. witisquire xD
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Why not call the one of them Detogrape?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:05 pm

new name of 2nd evo perfect man
    Just_Testing
    Just_Testing

Post by Just_Testing Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:35 pm

I think grass/fire suits it better than poison/fire. It's a grape, not a cyanide pill, ya know?
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:41 pm

thats exactly why it is a poison type. some of the best pokemon are the ones that make to sense. that and the purple fits in with the roman color scheme
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 am

It dosn't need to be a Poison type just because it's purple, you know.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 am

the more i think about it i could give it a more realistic move pool as a grass type...

Also new name edit (i think for the last time) grapop, detogrape, and witisquire
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 am

grapop, detogrape, and witisquire, the epic grape pokemon - Page 2 Grapop12

fixed the eyes so they are looking to the bottom left hopefully now we dont have to change the whole sprites
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Detogrape looks good, but Witisquire and Grapop still look like their looking forward.
    MrLiLiBubba
    MrLiLiBubba

Post by MrLiLiBubba Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

grapop is already facing left, so i will try to fix the eyes to look down, but im afraid we might have to make a new pose for witisquire :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 am