New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

4 posters

Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon Empty Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon

Post by Gelatino95 Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 pm

There is a project going on at Smogon University that has to do with making new pokemon. They do it a little differently than we do, as they are mainly testing ideas for a competitive metagame. But I thought it might be helpful for inspiring people to create new pokemon. Here's the link:

http://www.smogon.com/cap/
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon Empty Re: Smogon's Create-a-Pokemon

Post by Ferrety Fri May 13, 2011 3:11 am

I already go there anyway. Thanks for the link, though.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 pm

They are really well made,these guys are very talented. However, i think they don't really look like pokms...

I found an art-work too and i think these pkm look much better.
    In fact, it has some evolutions too!

Here's the link:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img10/4870/1270512574585.png
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Fri May 13, 2011 3:35 pm

...I don't like those Pokemon. there are too many evolutions/ prevolutions to other Pokemon, and I felt that most of it was just filler for the sake of taking up space. You can't see the stories of how these Pokemon were made, they don't really have much personality, and as I said, there are too many relations to old Pokemon!
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Ferrety wrote:...I don't like those Pokemon. there are too many evolutions/ prevolutions to other Pokemon, and I felt that most of it was just filler for the sake of taking up space. You can't see the stories of how these Pokemon were made, they don't really have much personality, and as I said, there are too many relations to old Pokemon!

Ok, we are not going to discuss about this. In fact, i also think there are too many evolutions. Very Happy
    Hydreigon9
    Hydreigon9

Location : Route 12 in Unova, hunting Audino into near Extinction

Post by Hydreigon9 Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Ferrety wrote:...I don't like those Pokemon. there are too many evolutions/ prevolutions to other Pokemon, and I felt that most of it was just filler for the sake of taking up space. You can't see the stories of how these Pokemon were made, they don't really have much personality, and as I said, there are too many relations to old Pokemon!
    I have to argge with you thre.. but I like the ideas of Regicore and Dunesparce evo!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri May 13, 2011 7:12 pm

I really like those pokemon you posted, Dimafo. We're not going to use them, of course, and they wouldn't work in-game, but the concepts are great. Whoever made them has some real spriting talent. I really wish we had a good spriter here. I like a lot of the evolutions on existing pokemon. The only complaint I have is the new Regis they put. The Regi trio has already been messed with enough with the introduction of Regigigas. They're supposed to represent different ages in human history: the stone age, ice age, and iron age, and they all share Fighting weaknesses.

But we can still take some tips from that, maybe for ideas for designs and type combinations. For example, I think a pure flying-type cloud pokemon would be a good idea. Also, a poison/water type pokemon would be cool, maybe a poison dart frog or a salamander.

(also, STEELIX IS NOT ROCK/GROUND)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:59 pm