New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

New Gen Pokémon

Welcome to New Gen Pokemon! Here, we are attempting a fan-made project to create a Pokemon game in the style of Nintendo's official games. If you are not yet a member, click "Register" at the top and start helping out immediately!

New Gen Pokémon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Gen Pokémon

A fan-made project based on Nintendo's Pokemon series to create an imaginary game in a similar style to those of the official series.

Latest topics

» Catscade (+ Evo)
Evil Team Discussion EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:27 am by ReFrostE

» Dimafo140;the foreign guy
Evil Team Discussion EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 am by King Dedede

» Time to do some bro stuff
Evil Team Discussion EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 am by King Dedede

» a Celebi based story line
Evil Team Discussion EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am by Celebifollow

» Are we going to have access to other regions?
Evil Team Discussion EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 pm by treecko's awesomeness

» Is anyone still here?
Evil Team Discussion EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 pm by Gelatino95

» Hi guys I'm andrew as you can probably tell
Evil Team Discussion EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am by andrewdoo900

» New Move: Whisper
Evil Team Discussion EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 pm by Itsme

» Silent voice or Phonetic wave
Evil Team Discussion EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm by Itsme

Navigation

Affiliates

free forum

+8
Just_Testing
inactive_account
Hydreigon9
Dimafo140
King Dedede
Ferrety
Frostichu
Gelatino95
12 posters

Evil Team Discussion

Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Evil Team Discussion Empty Evil Team Discussion

Post by Gelatino95 Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

What team will be the antagonist of our game? Will we use an old one or make a new one? Discuss here.
    Frostichu
    Frostichu

Evil Team Discussion Empty Re: Evil Team Discussion

Post by Frostichu Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 pm

New one, if we make new characters and new Pokemon, we should at least have a new team. Very Happy
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 pm

I really like Team Aqua and Magma. They're from my favorite games, and the legendaries that I have prepared are based on fire and water. So naturally, Aqua and Magma would work well. We don't have to use the same exact characters as the GBA games, we can make up new ones. It's sort of like how Team Rocket came back in the second generation, or how Cipher made a comeback in XD Gale of Darkness from Colosseum.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Uhh... No. We're making a totally new game, with totally new characters. But add a familiar team that isn't the most memorable, to be honest, it doesn't really work. We can't say we're going to work hard on everything and then basically get lazy on the team. We can't take the main element of the plot from another game!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

AWRIGHT, if you guys are hating on my idea so much, I guess we better come up with our own team. But they should definitely be more mysterious and less apparent than the other games, until close to the end. It always annoys me at the beginning when the bad guy team is like, "We are team _____ and you can't stop us!" because that's so unrealistic.

So, we're going to need to come up with a name for our team. We don't necessarily need to follow the pattern of previous generations, where the team is always named "Team _____." Anybody remember Cipher from Pokemon XD? A nice, catchy one-word name that doesn't sound like the other teams from the past generations.

Also, the team needs a cool costume. Not something lame like Galactic and Plasma. Remember how Team Aqua grunts looked like pirates? Now that was cool. But I think our team needs a costume that doesn't look so distinguishing. Maybe a trench coat? Something to make them look creepy as well.
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Fri May 06, 2011 12:42 pm

I think Team Aqua and Magma should be lesser characters, or possibly make a cameo appearance (for example, you find a (friendly) guy in a Team Aqua costume in his house, and he says: "I used to work for Team Aqua! Until a pesky trainer disbanded us...").

Anyway, I also think they need a good cause, they failed at that in B&W, I actually agree somewhat with Team Plasma's cause.

Also, if you want creepy they should dress up as clown s.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri May 06, 2011 4:26 pm

King Dedede wrote:I think Team Aqua and Magma should be lesser characters, or possibly make a cameo appearance (for example, you find a (friendly) guy in a Team Aqua costume in his house, and he says: "I used to work for Team Aqua! Until a pesky trainer disbanded us...").

Anyway, I also think they need a good cause, they failed at that in B&W, I actually agree somewhat with Team Plasma's cause.

Also, if you want creepy they should dress up as clown s.
    I like the idea of a Magma or Aqua cameo appearance. Perhaps we can make him an integral part of the story, but he doesn't look like a team member. In fact, we can make him the leader of our evil team! Won't that be quite the surprise.

But an evil team with a good cause? No. It doesn't add up. Team Plasma never had a good cause in the first place, they were just trying to justify their actions so that other people (including team members) would comply. Evil teams need to have evil intentions, otherwise they're not... well, evil.

And the clowns idea sounds pretty hilarious, but it would make more sense if the teams weren't trying to call so much attention to themselves.

As an added note, we are not going to give all the team members the same pokemon. That always annoyed the -bleep- out of me. They're going to have all different pokemon, but many of them will follow a specific theme (like how Aqua used water types and Magma used fire types.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Tue May 24, 2011 5:05 am

I've had an idea to decide what's the team objective.
    We should do brainstorm and then decide which ideas do we like while improving them . Finnally we could do a votation.

So i've come up with some ideas that aren't fantastic but could be useful.

1-A normal mafia just like team rocket that wants to traffic with pkm or just make attacks, like in HGSS.Only porpouse is to make money (what gelatino wants)
    2-A group of people that have been convinced pkms are destroying or making their life harder. Their chief, however is only using them to achieve his personal goals.
    3-A group of religious man who believe their gods have told them to take over pkms world. However they have a hidden truth...
    4-Some people from their government (...)that want to discover an ancient weapon or source of energy that lies inside the earth. For this reason they want to dig into the earth by using a legendary's power...
    5-A group of villians that want to get a mysterious object kept by the elite four. So that they steal pkm to overcome them. Your rival is the main trainer.
    6-A group of people dressed as clowns that want to make the pkmn's world an amusement park (idea from kingddd).

Well, these are my ideas and i want you to express your too. Then we should valorate which of them may be useful.

Last edited by Dimafo140 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    King Dedede
    King Dedede

Post by King Dedede Tue May 24, 2011 1:54 pm

I would rather stay away from religious issues, personally. I kind of like the one with the government, though.

My only idea for their objective is that they are trying to turn the whole region into an amusement park, but that would probably go with the clown costumes.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Maybe no clown costumes. I'm imagining the team members all dressed up in trench coats, with maybe a symbol on their shirts. In other words, no lame costume or uniform. Their goal is simply to make money in any way possible, and their boss is a rich dude who wants to become more rich, and will abuse pokemon in any way to make money. Remember in the second gen when Team Rocket was cutting off slowpoke's tails to sell them? That's the kind of thing I'm thinking of.

And of course, once the game's over, the moral of the story will be the classic "there are some things money can't buy." And instead of just fleeing, the leader of the team will turn into a good guy and use his money for good. Who knows, maybe he'll open up a pokemon day care or something else good. The happy ending will give you a sense of completion once you beat the game, unlike in Black and White, where Ghetsis just sort of runs away in the end. (at least N turned into a good guy)
    Frostichu
    Frostichu

Post by Frostichu Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm

This game needs to reveal more of the plot or story (Unlike in regular Pokemon games) because I'm tired of the game leaving the player at a empty ending.
    Dimafo140
    Dimafo140

Post by Dimafo140 Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 am

Frostichu wrote:This game needs to reveal more of the plot or story (Unlike in regular Pokemon games) because I'm tired of the game leaving the player at a empty ending.

Do you like any of the ideas i posted? If not, don't hesitate to express yours!
    Hydreigon9
    Hydreigon9

Location : Route 12 in Unova, hunting Audino into near Extinction

Post by Hydreigon9 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Dimafo140 wrote:
    Frostichu wrote:This game needs to reveal more of the plot or story (Unlike in regular Pokemon games) because I'm tired of the game leaving the player at a empty ending.

Do you like any of the ideas i posted? If not, don't hesitate to express yours!
    out of all of those I like 4 & 5 the best
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 pm

I still think the leader of the team should be a rich guy who's obsessed with money, and is willing to exploit pokemon for money. He employs henchmen to do his dirty work for him, but he often appears in public. He has a guise of being a generous guy, but the irony throughout the game is that you're the only one who knows that he's actually evil.

I'm still stuck on an idea for why he wants the legendary, though... if anyone can help me out, that would be great.
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:07 pm

It's made of a rare mineral, so he wants to cut it into gemstones and sell parts of it. Simple, cruel, perfect for the money-obsessed villain.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Ferrety wrote:It's made of a rare mineral, so he wants to cut it into gemstones and sell parts of it. Simple, cruel, perfect for the money-obsessed villain.
    But I thought the legendary was supposed to be gaseous. If so, perhaps he wants to harness the gas produced by the pokemon as an energy source...
    Ferrety
    Ferrety

Post by Ferrety Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Sounds good. I quite like that idea. The best Gas and Electricity prices for all -Region Name-! Evil Villain Co.!
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 pm

I found an article that may help us with forming our team:

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue15/syndicates
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:09 am

Are we doing two teams or one (I read earlier some debate about bringing Magma and Aqua back)?
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 am

I'm pretty sure by now that we're doing a single team, lead by a money-crazed billionaire who wants to use the gases produced by the legendary pokemon to generate electricity and sell for extremely cheap prices so he can dominate the electric industry.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Neat. I'll help any way I can. Very Happy
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Awesome. For some reason, I'm imagining the boss looking a lot like Watson from R/S/E, except in a black and purple pinstripe suit. I still don't know what his name is going to be, though. Something that sounds evil.
    inactive_account

Post by inactive_account Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Whenever I think evil...it just comes out like a bad name for a space villan. Like, Zagroth or Zerminator. So, I'm no help in the naming department ;^^

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm

I like the idea of a new evil team ... but the get rich off of pokemon has been dome ... giovanni and team rocket ...

I personally like the Idea of clown's

crazy evil clowns ... no reasoning with them whatso ever ... like the joker ... creepy Twisted Evil

I don't know ... my Idea was some world domination plot which attacked or disregarded nature ... like corporate greed/global warming sort of stuff ...

maybe a crazy corporate evil team bent on world domination through using pokemon to get rich in such a way that it harms the environment (like capturing a legendary nature protector pokemon - or three nature pokemon) that just happens to have a clown as it's mascot ... so bonus, a bunch of the team baddies dressed as clowns ... Very Happy

and is there only one legendary pokemon ?
    maybe some legendaries that fit in with this story line specifically like the lake gaurdians in DPPt ...

I also kind of like the idea of a diamond/rare mineral pokemon being sold off piece by piece, maybe it could have a regenerative ability so it keeps growing back the pieces being 'mined' ... and you save it from the evil team and it befriends you ... and it could be unique pokemon like togepi or lucario were when they were introduced.
    Gelatino95
    Gelatino95
    Admin

Post by Gelatino95 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:56 pm

We were thinking of using a gaseous pokemon, since we were considering Radon for the name of our pokemon game. The evil villain uses the gas created by the pokemon to generate electricity, and starts his own gas and electric company. He then sells at extremely low prices (since it costs practically nothing to harness the gas naturally created by the pokemon) and monopolizes the energy industry. The hideout of the team boss will be somewhere in the middle of his gas-producing factory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am